Clery Act Compliance Officer
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-20
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Clery Act Compliance Officer, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
The Clery Compliance Coordinator will report to the Deputy Chief of Police. Working collaboratively with various offices at the University, they will ensure the institution’s compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and associated regulations, including but not limited to FAU Police department’s compliance with the Title IX, Florida State Statutes Chapter 39, internal audits, accreditation and liaison with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develop the institution’s Clery Compliance policies and procedures.
- Request crime statistics at the end of each calendar year and consolidate relevant data from these sources.
- Work with the Records Division to ensure proper classification of crime incident reports and ensure compliance with the daily crime log requirements.
- Provide training of campus security authorities and key institutional stakeholders at all campus locations on Clery Act requirements.
- Stay abreast of pending and final changes to the Clery Act and other laws or regulations affecting Clery Act provisions.
- Submit annual crime statistics to the Department of Education.
- Compile and coordinate the department’s UCR reports.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$45,000 - $50,000College or Department:Campus Police ServicesLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 80 hours biweekly.Application Deadline: 2019-10-06-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.