Registered Nurse, Campus Health
Registered Nurse, Campus HealthStudent Health Center
Location: New Orleans, LASummary
The Registered Nurse is part of the Tulane University Campus Health Team of committed professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting student health and wellbeing as a core institutional value through a multidisciplinary, comprehensive approach. The Registered Nurse resides within the Student Health Center (Uptown or Downtown) and reports to the Nurse Manager. The individual serving in this role is responsible for providing professional nursing clinical services working in a collaborative manner with members of the Campus Health teams. The Registered Nurse follows the Standards of Practice for Nurses from the American College Health AssociationThe Registered Nurse ensures optimum quality primary and preventive health care through implementation of professional nursing knowledge and techniques. The Registered Nurse works as a team member with providers and ancillary staff in addressing the health issues of the student population. The Registered Nurse will perform CLIA-Waived testing and triage students using Campus Health protocols. The Registered Nurse may also conduct travel health appointments and STI-screenings in nurse-directed appointments. The Registered Nurse works collaboratively with other members of the Campus Health team in all aspects of student care. This position is also responsible for daily aspects environment of care and infection control. This position also may require participation in off-campus community engagement events. This position will follow the Standards of Practice for Nurses from the American College Health Association. Located in the unique and iconic city of New Orleans, Tulane is a highly regarded and selective independent research university, a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU), and offers undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees in the liberal arts, science and engineering, architecture, business, law, social work, medicine and public health. Tulane University Campus Health is fully accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and serves a student body of over 13,500.
- RN with current licensure to practice in the state of Louisiana by the date of hire.
- 2 years' nursing experience to include 1 year of experience in ambulatory nursing care management.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Clinical background with public health or health education experience.
- 5 years' experience in ambulatory nursing care and management experience.
- Experience in performing CLIA-waived testing.
- Experience in Travel Medicine and Occupational Medicine.
- Experience with third party billing and insurance.
- College Health Nursing certificate.
- Five years college health experience.