Administrative Assistant 4 - Provost's Office
Posting DetailsPosting Details Working TitleAdministrative Assistant 4 - Provost's OfficePosting Number2019041CP Position Information Classification TitleAdmin Assistant 4Classification Code105HRCW Exemption CriteriaNo ExemptionEWU Position NumberC99288CUPA CodeFLSANon-ExemptBargaining Unit BU 2% Full Time100Salary / Wage RangeCS - 46Salary Information
$42,984 – $56,328Anticipated Start DateTerm of Appointment12 months/yearLocationCheneyCountySpokaneProject DescriptionProject DurationBackground CheckYes - BothResponsible HR UserSaundra GodinResponsible HR User Email [email protected] Posting Text Job Summary
We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Administrative Assistant 4
Eastern Washington University presents an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant 4 reporting to the Vice Provost of Academic Affairs. This position works independently on multiple tasks simultaneously maintaining the highest level of confidentiality. The Administrative Assistant 4 must be able to focus and perform well under pressure with the ability to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines. The position is expected to exercise independent judgment in interpreting and applying rules and regulations to resolve problems. Provides a broad spectrum of administrative support including developing and completing assignments with minimal direction. Position serves as a resource for the department.
The successful candidate will represent the Provost’s Office with professionalism by creating a friendly and welcoming environment for students, faculty, staff and constituencies.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern’s Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Diversity Statement
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees’ Collective Bargaining Agreement.Physical Demands
Optional: Contact Saundra Godin in Human Resources at [email protected] to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which will describe conditions of employment, such as physical demands.Pre-Placement Physical NoHearing Test NoMedical Monitoring Post Hire NoProtective Equipment
None anticipatedRequired Qualifications
- Associate’s degree.
- At least four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in an office using Microsoft Outlook email and calendaring software.
Specific Position Requirements:
- Strong, independent project and time management skills.
- Intermediate working knowledge of office equipment and computer skills using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Banner, Concur and/or other similar programs and computerized record systems.
- Evidence of writing and editing skills to produce professional business correspondence, documents, presentations, reports, etc.
- Professional or personal knowledge and/or experience using online, web-based platforms for business operations, such as room reservations, technology scheduling, catering, hotels, airlines, rental cars, etc.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility, and/or diversity.
- Bachelor’s degree or other professional/formal education for office, clerical, administrative assistant, or a related field and/or experience working in an office for at least five (5) years.
- Advanced software skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, scheduling/calendar software, and Concur travel software.
- Experience or demonstrated ability to function in an office environment administratively supporting more than one individual, including the ability coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and schedules.
- Evidence of organizational skill and ability to prioritize and track progress independently while working on one or more tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to reason logically and make sound decisions, to consider alternative and diverse perspectives, to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, to remain poised under all circumstances, and to interact effectively with people in a positive manner that engenders confidence and trust
- Ability to work effectively in high stress and conflict situations.
- Ability to simultaneously address multiple and complex situations.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks without direct supervision.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and be punctual.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pmPosting Date09/19/2019Open Until Further NoticeNoClosing Date09/29/2019Screening to Begin09/30/2019Special Instructions to Applicants
It is strongly recommended that you print a copy of these instructions and the position posting before you begin to complete the online application, as the instructions will not be viewable once you begin the application process.
Required documentation includes all of the items listed below.
1. Attach a detailed cover letter in which you explain how you meet each of the required minimum qualifications [and preferred qualifications, if applicable]. It is preferred that you provide that information in a bulleted list or within a table within your cover letter.
2. Attach a chronological resume including work experience, education, and applicable certifications. Please include the names, addresses and phone numbers for 3 professional references in your resume (these can be identical to the references listed on the application).
3. Complete the online application form and respond to the online questions, if applicable.
- Maintain complex appointment schedule, including standing and recurring meetings. Maintain files for supporting information on upcoming meetings.
- Prepare and schedule meetings and appointments, handle re-scheduling meetings as required.
- Coordinate meetings, including conference room reservations and technology needs. Prior to meeting, confirm meeting logistics, room obtained, refreshments, and technology needs, arranged as required.
- Manage multiple calendars requiring extensive attention to detail and the ability to make decisions about appointment priorities.
- Arrange and prepare agendas and provide background information for various complex internal and external meetings and projects as requested or necessary.
- Complete special assignments requiring collecting, organizing, and analyzing data as basis of significant decisions.
- Prepare confidential correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Provide identification, implementation, and coordination of new and ongoing projects, including departmental budget and process improvement initiatives that require data collection.
- Perform other work-related duties or projects as assigned.
Manage Office Operations
- Manage and administer the daily operations, organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimum direction.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in daily activities and executive administrative details of a confidential nature.
- Organize and maintain master filing system.
- Arrange travel (registration, airline, accommodations, etc.) and prepare itineraries for leadership to attend meetings; prepare and track reimbursement submissions.
- Answer and direct phone calls to proper person and provide assistance as requested or required. May serve as a receiving and triage point for a variety of sensitive/confidential matters and for communication with all levels of employees, including senior leadership. May be asked to track, initiate, follow up and report on specific issues.
- Serve as a contact for monitoring, ordering, stocking office supplies and managing office equipment maintenance and repair issues as well as environmental service problems.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * As an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. Please describe how you will apply an approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- DD214 Form
- Other Document #1
- Other Document #2