WFSU FM: Multimedia Reporter/Producer
Job Title: WFSU FM: Multimedia Reporter/Producer
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 46167
Department WFSU Public Media is an affiliate TV and Radio station for both PBS, NPR, and local programming in North Florida and South Georgia WFSU is located in Tallahassee, FL and is a unit of Florida State University. This position is a part of the FM (Radio) News team at WFSU Public Media.Equal Employment Opportunity An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdfResponsibilities - Serves as one of the reporters/producers in the WFSU News Room. Coordinates equipment and media platforms in order to increase the reach of the productions completed by the news team.
- Plans and produces a variety of local and statewide news stories and feature productions for broadcast across radio, television, and web. Responsible for producing long form feature/series news and public affairs stories for broadcast.
- Conducts interviews in the field including legislative and local/state government affairs for broadcast.
- Operates and or directs the operation of television production equipment to include cameras (field), edit systems (nonlinear and linear), media storage devices (servers, VTR's), audio systems, lighting instruments and other associated tools.
- Serves as back-up program host/producer for local and statewide programs and news segments including coordination of content materials for productions. Provides support for special events coverage and produces special elements for these productions as assigned.
- Edits, posts, and formats stories for news.wfsu.org. This includes locating photos to post with the news stories as well as the daily maintenance of the newsroom website and social media platforms as needed.Qualifications A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and two years of experience;or a high school diploma/equivalency and six years of experience related to the duties of this position.
(Note: or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to six years.)
Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
Experience with the ethics, rules, and procedures or journalism.
Experience operating a variety of radio production and remote location equipment.
Experience writing and producing news/feature/public affairs segments for broadcast.
Experience writing and/or proofreading and editing information in various formats.
Knowledge of the standards, principles, trends and practices of radio production.
Knowledge of current media technology and trends.
Adhere to newsroom policy of accuracy, fairness, balance and high production standards.
Adhere to WFSU and FCC standards and policies.
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
A valid Florida or Georgia Driver's license or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
**Resume & Cover Letter Required**Anticipated Salary Range Low- High 30's; commensurate with experience and qualifications.Pay Plan This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.Soft Money Funded Position This position is time-limited based on soft money funding, with renewal contingent upon available funds and the needs of the University.Criminal Background Check This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.How To Apply If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.Tobacco Free Campus Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.