Assistant Director, International Admission
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Assistant Director, International Admission
Job ID 3739
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The Assistant Director is primarily responsible for recruiting and advising students educated outside of the U.S. in efforts to grow the international student population at DePaul. This position will be responsible for managing communication, recruitment, advising, admission, and yield activities for graduate programs. The Assistant Director will coordinate and plan special engagement and outreach activities to support admission and enrollment into DePaul graduate programs, and serve as a resource for staff, faculty and alumni regarding international educational issues.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Identify opportunities to engage reputable independent counselors/agents and manage stakeholder engagement.
- Manage the relationship development, communication and training with recruitment agents and alumni/as to promote the university’s mission and enhance international student enrollment.
- Collaborate with the Director of International Admission to serve as liaison between DePaul's graduate colleges and schools to support, facilitate, and improve the graduate international student enrollment process from inquiry to matriculation.
- Collect data, analyze/report results that will inform international graduate recruitment, marketing and enrollment management.
- Travel within target territories to represent DePaul University at recruitment fairs and events, meet scheduled recruitment appointments, and promote the university's brand internationally.
- Counsel prospective students and parents throughout the application, selection and enrollment processes.
- Leverage Slate to manage an agent and graduate international student communication plans to increase yield rates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of three to five years of successful experience in admissions and student recruitment.
- Master's Degree.
- Three years of international admission experience or agent management.
- Fluency in in a foreign language.
- Slate CRM experience.
- Manage small departmental budget for travel.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Self motivation, impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines at once.
- Experience cultivating and growing relationships with internal and external partners (alumni and agents)
- Knowledge of various international recruitment strategies and trends.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market research to guide decision-making.
- Possession of a valid passport and the ability to travel overseas for an extended periods as required.
- Ability to work independently and with a group.
- Able to adapt to constant requests, inquiries and interpretations with patience, diplomacy and, on occasion, a sense of humor.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills; effective listener.
- Must be able to establish and maintain working relationships and clearly communicate often with others.
- Commitment/sensitivity to international/cross-cultural exchange; appreciation for and interest in diverse cultures and customs.
- Highly effective counseling and recruiting abilities.
- Work as a part of a team and able to collaborate with colleagues.
- General knowledge of international educational systems and international admission policies and practices.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, electronic technology/social media.
- Ability to facilitate complete campus visit including walking long distances and navigating several flights of stairs.
- Handle physical demands of extensive travel including flying and driving/riding long distances.
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 40 pounds.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
May be required to work on weekends/evenings/minor holidays; select international travel required. Must possess a valid passport.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: