Department Assistant for Student Life
Department:: Student Life and Campus Inclusion
Locations:: Skokie, IL
Posted:: Sep 19, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Part Time Staff
About Oakton Community College :
For over 40 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Provides support services to the Office of Student Life. Monitors student events, assists students, faculty, and staff with general inquiries, performs record keeping and creates documents in addition to general clerical and receptionist duties.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives visitors, answers telephones, reviews inquiries, and represents functional area/office to students, faculty, and administrators. Assists with general questions in regards to campus events, programs and services.
- Composes, types, and prepares routine correspondence, reports and memoranda on behalf of the Office of Student Life.
- Manages and maintains data and records for events such as Commencement, student programs, and club membership information.
- Monitors budget expenditures for functional areas.
- Assists with departmental projects as assigned.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- A high school education is required
- Two years office support experience required.
- Two years customer service, sales clerk, or public facing experience is preferred.
- Ability to use a computer to enter, retrieve, and manipulate data is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel is required.
Administrative supervision is received from the Director of Student Life & Campus Inclusion. Functional supervision received from the Manager of Student Life and Campus Inclusion.
Functional supervision exercised over student employees as directed.
HOURS: Monday - Tuesday: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm; Wednesday: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm; Thursday: 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Salary: $18.27 per hour
***** This is a Temporary Position****
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required