Adjunct Associate Professor - Sociology
Adjunct Associate Professor - Sociology
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Job Number: 1800003N
Description:Under the general supervision and direction of the Division Dean of Humanities, Social Science and Education, the primary responsibility of the person assigned to this position is teaching courses in the discipline of Sociology.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:Duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to the following:
- Instruct courses in Sociology to meet the educational requirements stated in the credit course outlines.
- Assist the Division Dean to cooperate with campus and community groups to provide programs, courses, and information relevant to the needs of the students and the program.
- Assist the Division Dean in the preparation of required reports by providing requested information.
- Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review, modification, and the assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Complete various reporting procedures as required for student evaluation, course reporting and budget development.
- Attend various departmental, divisional, and campus-wide activities as stipulated.
- Participate in departmental, divisional and campus-wide committees as part of the shared-governance process.
- Participate in divisional committees as assigned by the Division Dean.
- Perform other necessary duties which assure the smooth functioning of the Division, as assigned by the Division Dean and as outlined in Board Policy.
- Teach in a large lecture format.
- Advise a student club or organization.
- Master's in sociology OR Bachelor's degree in sociology AND Master's in anthropology, any ethnic studies, social work, or psychology OR the equivalent Experience teaching sociology.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Earned doctorate in sociology.
- Experience in teaching survey courses in sociology.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to stay current in the field and commitment to high academic standards.
- Experience teaching postsecondary courses, especially at the community college level.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to different levels of students' ability and learning styles.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to students from different cultures and ethnic groups.
- Demonstrated ability to use innovative and creative teaching techniques and equipment.
- Use technology for teaching and management of online course information.
- Familiarity and ability to teach in a distance learning environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with community groups and the schools in order to coordinate the educational program with the needs of the community.
- Desire and willingness to make the educational programs successful.
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 51.91
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 79.07
- External Opening Date: Nov 15, 2018
Location: Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency