Student Life Manager, #19-088
OVERVIEW OF COLLEGE
Founded in 1986, St. Charles Community College (SCC) has a reputation as one of the best two-year colleges in the state of Missouri. With extraordinary faculty and staff, SCC serves a student population of more than 10,000 and a general population of more than 350,000 throughout St. Charles County and beyond. SCC's main campus, located in Cottleville, is a beautiful 12-building campus which has won architectural awards for its innovative, contemporary "educational village" design. The college has a second location in Dardenne Prairie, featuring a state-of-the-art nursing and allied health program. The success of SCC is rooted in the mission of serving our community by "focusing on academic excellence, student success, workforce advancement, and life-long learning within a global society. We celebrate diversity and we enrich the economic and cultural vitality of the region by providing an accessible, comprehensive, and supportive environment for teaching and learning."
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Student Life Manager will provide leadership to all student activities, including serving as advisor for the Student Government Association, overseeing clubs, and developing and implementing programming that supports student engagement. In addition, this administrative position will provide student conduct/Title IX support for the SCC campus community. The manager is responsible for overseeing departmental budgets and hiring, evaluating and supervising staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership to planning, promoting, and coordinating student social, recreational and education events. Schedules and oversees events.
- Develops tracking program for collecting and reporting data on student participation and satisfaction with events.
- Identifies potential student leaders and coordinates student elections.
- Develops and maintains procedures and regulations related to clubs.
- Oversees the budget for Student Activities and supervises student workers and staff.
- Collaborates with faculty/staff/departments in support of student programming and engagement
- In collaboration with Marketing, develops publicity to promote student activities on campus and externally, as needed.
- Develops and facilitates student leadership programs.
- Utilizes campus technology to support the needs of the Student Activities Department.
- Attends student activity events.
- Serves as a second tier Student Conduct Administrator.
- Supports student Title IX reports with intake and investigation.
- Communicates with students and advocate for unmet needs and interests.
- Refers students to appropriate resources, both inside the College and outside agencies, as needed.
- To provide students with quality programming that will connect them to the college and other students, thus impacting student success and retention.
- To support a safe campus, to promote diversity, and to ensure quality student experiences.
- Bachelor's degree in student affairs, communication, education or similar fields required.
- Three or more years of experience coordinating or assisting with the management of a department or program related to student support/services. Minimum of one year of experience in student activities, event management, student life, or residence life program. Knowledge of or experience with conduct and/or Title IX.
- Master's degree in communications, student affairs, or education. Experience working at the community college level.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.