Administrative Associate Sr. #999997
Posting DetailsPosition Summary Information Job Summary / Basic Function
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Reports to the Office Manager and performs administrative and office support activities for the Office of the President. Responsibilities include general record management. Duties also include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, mail merging, managing spreadsheets, filing, and faxing. Extensive software skills are required, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills. Considerable discretion, judgment, and diplomacy are imperative for success in the position. This position may require some extra effort, and exceptional attendance and punctuality are required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Serve as receptionist for the Office of the President.
•Complete assignments for the Office Manager.
•Assist in the preparation of reports and correspondence to internal and external constituents, including accrediting associations and other regulatory agencies
•Assist in the preparation of a daily status report on ongoing projects; organize these work projects in appropriate folders and review daily with Office Manager to maintain an orderly flow of information.
•Assist the Office Manager with organizing quarterly TSUS Board of Regents’ meetings including the preparation of meeting materials and reports to the Board.
•Schedule, prepare and distribute agendas, attend and record minutes or action items of the President’s Cabinet and Senior Team meetings as needed.
•Helps maintain the President’s Travel and Expense records; prepare the President’s monthly expense report and submit to the Office Manager prior to submission to the Travel Coordinator in Finance & Operations.
•Organize mail each day in appropriate folders and review with Office Manager.
•Provide administrative or project support to other Officers of the College as requested by the Office Manager.
•Maintain electronic and print files and records in a systematic, well secured and confidential manner.
•Submit payment requests for all invoices and expenses initiated by the Office of the President as requested by the Office Manager.
•Assist the Office of the President in the collection of required documents such as F3.6s, F3.2s, permanent faculty and staff files, and other records as required by LIT.
•Collect and route documents; greet and assist visitors, and direct them to appropriate locations as needed.
•Maintains and distributes records; for administrators, faculty and staff on demand.
•Completes requisitions and travel requests as needed.
•Other duties as assigned
Note: This is a security sensitive position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
•Impeccable interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
•Editing and good proofreading skills are necessary.
•Modern office methods, procedures, supplies and equipment, including filing system development and maintenance, and telephone reception.
•Personal computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite – word processing, spreadsheets, databases, power-point, and graphics.
•Interpreting and applying procedures and regulations.
•Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work, including administrators, community members, students, faculty, staff and external agencies.
•Prioritizing workload, meeting deadlines, and working effectively at a high level of independence in an environment with multiple demands and frequent interruptions.
•High energy multi-tasker able to work in a fast paced, high profile executive environment
•Self-starter able to work both independently and in a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job including desk work and occasional field trips for college or program activities. While performing the duties of the essential functions of this job, work is typically performed in an interior/office work environment with moderate noise. Applicant must be qualified to drive a state vehicle to conduct state business. Some evening and weekends will be required as well as extended hours required during registration periods.
•High school diploma or GED is required.
•Five years’ experience in an office environment; ability to work independently; good people skills.
•Advanced skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Publisher) are required.
•Knowledge and experience using standard office equipment is required.
Lamar Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Preferred Qualifications
•Certificate or associate degree in Office Technology or related field is preferred.
•Experience in a higher education institution is preferred.
•Microsoft Office certification in Word Excel, Access or Publisher is preferred.
•Experience in BANNER is preferred.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary$27016Work Hours Application Details Open Date09/18/2019Open Until FilledNoClose Date09/25/2019Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly. As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * What is your highest level of education?
- High School
- Some College
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- * How many years of secretarial/clerical experience do you have?
- 6 months of experience
- 1-2 years of experience
- 3-4 years of experience
- 5 or more years of experience
- * Please rate your knowledge and experience of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- No Experience
- Beginner - Knowledge of MS Office Programs (Word & Excel)
- Intermediate - Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Moderate - Knowledge & Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access)
- Expert - Knowledge & Experience using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, & Outlook)
- Cover Letter