Job Code 190294
Marketing and Communications
Full-time/ 40 hours/ 12-month
Clark University’s Office of Marketing and Communications seeks a smart, skilled, and highly motivated Content Developer for our growing team. Our new colleague will strategize and develop dynamic, engaging, and creative content that boosts the website engagement of our wide and diverse audiences. The Content Developer also will occasionally contribute to our comprehensive array of social media and multimedia projects. Reporting to the Director of Web Strategy, the Content Developer will fulfill a key role on the digital team and will join a marketing and communications team that is adding multiple positions in the coming year as it takes a new strategic approach to its service to the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
Included in a range of responsibilities, the Content Developer will:
- Work with the Director of Web Strategy in continually developing and implementing fresh content strategies that increase and improve the experience of website visitors and promote core ideas at the center of Clark’s marketing and communications strategy.
- In partnership with other staff on the MarComm team, maximize the use and value of developed content, storytelling, and inbound marketing across all institutional Clark platforms.
- In partnership with colleagues across campus, research, identify, gather, and develop timely and impactful stories, profiles, and other content that advance the web’s value as a University marketing vehicle aligned with Clark’s brand messaging and strategic goals.
- Understand the increasingly competitive landscape of university admissions; survey, monitor, and analyze peers’ digital presence and content marketing activities; and identify and promote how Clark might improve its website.
- Continuously increase knowledge of content-marketing best practices and contribute new ideas that advance the website’s value to MarComm’s institutional priorities.
- Apply best practices in web writing, content construction, and content presentation in an engaging, active, and personal tone that advances Clark’s mission and inspires exploration and interest among web visitors, especially admissions audiences.
- Optimize, on a dynamic basis, the use of headlines, sub-heads, labels, keywords, embedded links, meta descriptions, alt tags, and other critical factors in content development.
- Monitor content and conduct regular web-content audits across the University’s website and work with department web managers to continually ensure that content is accurate, up-to-date, user-friendly, and strategic.
- In working in collaboration with the office’s photographer, videographer, and graphic artists, select, envision, and implement visual assets that strengthen the impact of content and amplify Clark’s messaging platform.
- Identify ways to re-purpose content for different media, including social, video, web, emails, and infographics.
- Partner with the social media manager as needed occasionally to develop and implement compelling social media campaigns and posts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Minimum of bachelor’s degree, ideally in fields requiring extensive writing and editorial development.
- Work experience: Minimum of four years of full-time professional work in content development, demonstrating increasing skills and responsibilities.
- Exceptional writer and editor, with a comprehensive command of rhetorical, grammar, and punctuation skills.
- Superior oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- Keen understanding of best practices in web writing, content organization, navigation, accessibility compliance, search engine optimization, and use of analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and expeditiously within a content management system.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple, deadline-driven projects.
- Enthusiasm for and ability to learn new and emerging tools and technologies.
- Proven record of working well with others in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12-month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to [email protected] . Applicants must reference Job code 190294 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.