#101713 Polysomnography Tech-Per Diem
Under direction of Sleep Technical or Medical Director or designated physician to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders which involves overnight polysomnography, diagnostic and therapeutic services, patient care and education, the incumbent will perform anthropomorphic measurements, and perform unattended home sleep studies.
This will include educating patients about the procedure to be performed, calibration of medical equipment, application of EEG sleep recording electrodes, and hook-up of respiratory sleep monitoring equipment. Following the sleep recording and collection of the data, the technologist will analyze the polysomnographic data with proper documentation of sleep staging, arousals, and respiratory events in accordance with accepted protocols. Assists with the operational functionality of the laboratory, from maintaining equipment to ordering and stocking supplies.
Depending on experience of the selected candidate will be hired at the Polysomnographer or Sr. Polysomnographer level.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Graduation from college with a major in an applicable natural science; or two (2) years of college courses in the natural sciences plus two (2) years of applicable experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART within six (6) months of hire date.
Must have certification by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists or equivalent within six (6) months of hire.
Previous related experience in a large complex healthcare setting.
Demonstrated experience working in a pulmonary, sleep center or clinic.
Demonstrated experience performing various polysomnographic procedures.
Experience preparing and calibrating medical equipment required for pulmonary testing to determine proper functioning and making adjustments as needed.
Experience documenting routine observations, including sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure, and other significant events in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of polysomnographic results.
Experience implementing appropriate interventions, including actions necessary for patient safety and therapeutic intervention such as continuous and bi-level positive airway pressure, oxygen administration, etc.
- Two (2) years of experience working in Sleep/Pulmonary clinics.
- Successful completion of a polysomnography program, of no less than one year duration, associated with a state licensed and/or a nationally accredited educational facility.
- RPSGT or RST.
- Experience dispensing and scoring of Home Sleep Apnea Tests (HST).
- Epic/Cadence experience.
- Experience working in a pulmonary, sleep center or clinic.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Ability to work variable shifts, variable work locations, holidays, weekends, and overtime when required.