Radiologic Science Faculty and Clinical Coordinator
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleRadiologic Science Faculty and Clinical CoordinatorPosting NumberFac00416Employment TypeFull-TimeBenefits AvailableYes Position Summary Information Nature of Work
The College of Coastal Georgia (CCGA) seeks qualified applicants for the Faculty/Clinical Coordinator position. Responsibilities include; teaching; advising; maintaining records; helping organize data according to Joint Review Committee on Education Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) guidelines, and other duties as assigned. The Clinical Coordinator maintains clinical placement within JRCERT guidelines and standards.Essential Duties
The person in this position is expected to create, coordinate, and assist in the review of clinical education schedules and course materials. The Radiologic Science Clinical Coordinator teaches and supervises clinical and didactic educational courses, maintains accurate records for each student enrolled in the didactic, laboratory, and clinical practicum, attends to problems and situations relative to the students’ clinical education to ensure adequate professional behaviors and clinical experiences, provides individual sessions with students during the clinical rotation to insure that learning outcomes are met, and evaluates clinical competencies. Will serve as primary program liaison in regard to clinical education, attend & play an active role in the Radiologic Science Program Advisory Committee, assist in student advisement, and participate in local/state/national affiliate in-service meetings as necessary.Minimum Qualifications and Training
- Baccalaureate and Master’s degrees in Radiologic Science are required.
- Two years of full-time professional experience as a radiographer.
- The candidate must be in good standing with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and possess credentialing in Radiography.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of students.
- Demonstrated record of scholarship and service activities.
- Additional ARRT modality credentialing is preferred.
- Preferred experience with assessment and JRCERT self-study/site visit for accreditation.
- Have at least one year of full-time instructional experience in a Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) accredited program.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date09/18/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * What will your highest level of education be as of the anticipated start date?
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- * Are you in good standing with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and possess credentialing in Radiography?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type position?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts 1
- Teaching Philosophy
- Transcripts 2
- Transcripts 3