Assistant Professor of Political Science
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleAssistant Professor of Political SciencePosting NumberFac00427Employment TypeFull-TimeBenefits AvailableYes Position Summary Information Nature of Work
The Department of Social Sciences which is housed within the School of Arts and Sciences invites applications for the Assistant Professor of Political Science position. This is a tenure track position for which the appointment will begin in August 2020.Essential Duties
Job duties include teaching the state-required POLS 1101 American Government courses and upper division Political Science courses, as well as participating in departmental and College committees. Candidates will be expected to have a commitment to excellence in teaching, to professional development, and to serving students in a collegiate setting. In addition, the candidate will be expected to work cooperatively with others and be willing to teach both day and evening classes at the Brunswick campus, Camden Center, or online as needed.Minimum Qualifications and Training
- Earned doctorate in Political Science from a regionally-accredited institution.
- Ability to teach utilizing a variety of course delivery structures (on-site, hybrid, on-line).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer and technology skills.
- Previous collegiate teaching experience
- Having a program of research that involves students.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date09/18/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * What will your highest level of education be as of the anticipated start date?
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Transcripts 1
- Transcripts 2
- Other Documents