Accounting Assistant/Associate Professor
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-10-31
If you are currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job boardJob SummaryPrimary ResponsibilitiesJob Details
*Applications will be reviewed beginning November 30, 2019*
*Start Date: September 2020*
- A doctorate in Accounting is preferred.
- A Master’s Degree is required and preferred candidates will possess significant accounting experience and be credentialed, i.e. CPA, CMA, CIA.
- We seek candidates that support our mission (http://about.byuh.edu/mission) and who are committed to strengthening our students both spiritually and intellectually.
- The individual should be completely committed to helping prepare students to serve in their families, communities, and the Church in the Asia-Pacific area and throughout the world.
- As an educational institution affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU-Hawaii prefers to hire qualified members of the Church in good standing as authorized under Title 41 CFS § 60-1.5 (a)(6).
- Teach approximately 30 semester credit hours per year over three semesters in some (but not all) of the following subject areas: Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Auditing, Ethical Issues in Accounting, Accounting Information Systems & Data Analytics, and issues in International Accounting.
- Scholarship, creative endeavor, ongoing professional development, and university service are expected.
- BYU-Hawaii’s primary focus is undergraduate learning and teaching. The individual should be fully committed to student learning (http://about.byuh.edu/learning-framework).
- Rank and salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
- A limited relocation expense package is provided.
- Annually renewable contract eligible for Continuing Faculty Status (BYU-H equivalent of “tenure-track”)
- Standard BYU-Hawaii benefits package for regular full-time employees.
- Online Application Form.
- A letter of application and current vitae.
- Three letters of recommendation written specifically for this position. Letter writers must include their names, addresses, and telephone numbers and send their letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employment confidential report form (https://brightspotcdn.byu.edu/ca/94/ece6c2d542c0a203a21f3ff10a14/ecclesiastical-endorsement-0.pdf). These forms should be submitted by the interviewing ecclesiastical leader or applicant (if non-LDS) to email@example.com or the address listed below.
- Official transcript from the institution where last degree was received.
- Optional - A link to a 10 minute (minimum) teaching video posted online.
*Incomplete applications will not be considered*
Associate Academic Vice President for Faculty
55-220 Kulanui Street
Laie, HI 96762
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhysical requirements
Typical Office EnvironmentEducationLicense/CertificationsExperience* More information may be requested as you progress through the recruiting process.