STEM Outreach Community Liaison (Part-time)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleSTEM Outreach Community Liaison (Part-time)Position Number997311DepartmentEngineering Salary$15,000Job Summary/Description
This is a part-time position (50%).
Develops, plans, and delivers science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) outreach programs for students, parents, and educators in K-12 schools, university groups, and community groups including students from under-represented groups. Plans and delivers workshops and other group presentations. Advises students, teachers and parents on college readiness. Assists with programs and activities designed to promote an inclusive and supportive culture for all students.Typical Duties/Job Duties
1. In collaboration with university faculty and staff, is responsible for developing and maintaining ASU’s STEM outreach programs targeted to students, parents and communities via partnerships with K-12 schools, community colleges and community organizations.
2. Develops and maintains local, regional, and statewide partnerships with key institutions, community organizations, and professional STEM organizations.
3. Makes presentations to individuals, schools, and organizations both on ASU’s campus and at off campus locations.
4. Manages the ASU sponsored Texas Alliance for Minority in Engineering (TAME) San Angelo Region XV Chapter supporting area TAME Clubs.
5. Develops and directs STEM enrichment programs, such as summer camps, area competitions, and university bridge experiences, for K-12 students.
6. Supports the acquisition of grant funding for outreach programs.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of STEM fields and disciplines.
- Knowledge of K-12 extracurricular activities and organizations in the local community Knowledge of university enrollment and academic support programs.
- Skilled in oral and written communications and interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Skilled at work requiring accuracy and attention to detail, including but not limited to computer skills, including database, word processing, and spreadsheet.
- Skilled in public relations. Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituents both orally and in writing.
- Ability to research and learn varied outreach curricula.
- Minimum of two years of related experience working with diverse students.
- Flexible work hours
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field
- Fluency in Spanish
Position requires prolonged periods of sitting, occasional walking, and intermittent bending and standing. Medium level of manual dexterity is required; occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Travel within the Concho Valley region is required.EEO Statement
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].Posting Detail Information Posting NumberS253POpen Date09/18/2019Close Date10/11/2019Desired Start DateReview Start DateOpen Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsRequired Number of ReferencesSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- List of References