Part-time Administrative Assistant
Part-time Administrative Assistant
University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 5053
Location: Environ Policy & Decision Mkg
Appointment: The Environmental Policy and Decision Making program seeks an administrative assistant. This position is 0.15 FTE and approximately 312 hours during the academic year.
- BUDGET. Assist with the day-to-day administration of the program budget, which includes but is not limited to processing credit cards, purchase orders, and reimbursements.
- EVALUATIONS. Administer instructor/course evaluations at the end of each semester as required and prepare them for the deans' and department/program's files.
- PRACTICAL AND LOGISTICAL SUPPORT. Provide a range of practical and logistical support to faculty and staff in the fulfillment of the program mission: e.g. - process mail; assist with maintenance of the web page and listservs; coordinate vehicle rentals, travel logistics, and guest speakers for labs, field trips, and other experiential learning opportunities; photocopy as required; produce final drafts of correspondence, letters of agreement, reports, or other material of a confidential or technical nature; proof materials for accuracy and appearances; prepare and maintain, as required, program notices, schedules, directories, and other documents requiring compilation of data from faculty, staff, and students; inform students of faculty illnesses with a posting on the appropriate classroom door.
- LIAISON. Act as program liaison with various campus departments, current and prospective students, faculty, staff, guest artists, guest scholars and the public. Provide information and answer questions about the program.
- Position currently open to internal Puget Sound staff and faculty only
- Administrative experience
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
Compensation and Benefits: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
This position is non-exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Application Deadline: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency