Service Desk Coordinator
Service Desk Coordinator
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
As the most senior library staff member during evening and weekend hours, the Service Desk Coordinator is primarily responsible for the smooth operation of the library's spaces and services at these times. They provide reference and research assistance to students, faculty, and staff. The person in this position facilitates access to circulating, reserve, and media collections. May require holiday hours. Salary is pro-rated, based on 29 hour workweek.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education (including hardware, software, and equipment):
- Enrollment in an ALA-accredited MLS program with completion of the basic reference class. Familiarity with using reference collections, library catalogs and other electronic resources including full text databases and internet resources.
- Demonstrated experience in training and directing the work of part-time employees, student workers, or interns.
- Aptitude and communication skills to provide excellent service in person, over the phone, and via chat and email.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Apple operating systems environment. Ability to use and troubleshoot computers, iPads, printers, scanners, microfilm reader/printers, and copiers.
Preferred /Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Education (including hardware, software, and equipment):
- Familiarity with Ex Libris Voyager integrated library system, MediaNet media booking system, Dean Evans Associates EMS room reservation system, and Gimlet statistical tracking.
- Interest in other areas of library operations including, but not limited to, instruction, information literacy, digital initiatives, distance learning, cataloging and outreach.
Required Prior Work Experience:
- Experience working in a library in a public service capacity.
- The Service Desk Coordinator manages the operations of the library's combined Service Desk by assisting with the training, supervision, and evaluation of student assistants and teaching advanced procedures to Student Supervisors. The person in this position also provides a staff presence in the absence of other full-time staff.
- The person in this position is responsible for the following tasks: resolving complex interactions with patrons; answering questions regarding library policies and procedures; coordinating bookings of media materials for faculty; and closing the library on weekdays as well as opening and closing the library on weekends. Enter information about questions answered at the library's combined Service Desk in Gimlet for statistical analysis. Count and record the cash drawer and gather and report statistics on foot traffic.
- Provide reference and research services by answering questions, advising on appropriate resources, and instructing patrons in the use of the online databases. Refer questions as necessary. Troubleshoot library computers, iPads, printers, scanners, microfilm reader/printers, and copiers.
- Work on special projects as required, such as updating research guides, assisting with collection development, and inventory and weeding projects.
Grade of Position: A15N
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 29.00
Hiring Range: $21.69 - $22.75
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Service-Desk-Coordinator_JR001329
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers. The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands. Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza, Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone: 617-824-8999; email: [email protected]
Annual Clery Report
n accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police Department website.
Information on Emerson College staff grade range
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency