Administrative Instructor, Business Studies
Responsible for the development, organization, administration, assessment, and accreditation of the Business Programs at the branch campus. This will include the coordination of curricula design and revision and accreditation. The Administrative Instructor can teach up to 18 contact hours per year in courses that are offered through the Division of Business Studies.
Examples of Duties:
- Works with the Dean of Business Studies to ensure the quality and consistent academic delivery of course content.
- Obtains and maintains ACBSP accreditation for qualified business programs.
- Provides administrative support including course scheduling, course staffing, and the handling of course cancellations.
- Serves as a liaison between branch faculty and the Dean to facilitate communication.
- Assists with the coordination and implementation of events.
- Facilitates business partner participation in Program Advisory Boards.
- Assists with the preparation and posting of the faculty office hour chart each semester.
- Coordinates the resolution of student issues.
- Serves students by providing information and facilitating the resolution of issues.
- Facilitates contact with faculty members or the appropriate administrative departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Master of Business Degree or a Master's Degree in a related field that is required for the teaching of courses in the Division of Business Studies, e.g., Economics
- Previous experience in the development and revision of curricula
- Previous experience in course and/or program assessment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism
- Excellent PC skills, including mastery of all Microsoft Applications, e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- Commitment to and knowledge of a comprehensive community college philosophy and a student-centered learning environment
- Commitment to the community college mission including addressing the needs of a diverse student population