Part time CEFS Communications Support
Position DetailsPosition Information Vacancy TypeTemporaryIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitlePart time CEFS Communications SupportSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring Range$25/hrPosition Number11ASO1410Work Schedule1-5/hrs per week, Monday-Friday with the possibility of some weekend eventsFull Time Equivalent (FTE)Department111502 - Center for Environmental Farming SystemsDepartment CEFSJob City & StateRaleigh, NCEssential Job Duties
CEFS is looking for a dynamic self-starter to support the capacity of the Communications Team during a transitional phase. This is a part-time, temporary position offering 1-5 hours of work per week. This person will provide targeted research, writing, editing, proofreading, and project management support for specific projects as they arise.
The person in this position must be able to take direction, learn quickly, and hit the ground running, with the ability to work independently and also collaborate with a variety of faculty, staff, and stakeholders.
-Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of training and experience.Departmental Required Skills
-Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, computer and project management skills.
-Strong writing and editing skills are critical for this position. Writing samples will be required.
-Must be capable of doing all the described activities independently while also working closely with a diverse group of CEFS staff, faculty, students, and other stakeholders.
-Must be knowledgeable about agriculture and local food systems in North Carolina, and passionate about CEFS’ work.
-At least five years of demonstrated success in marketing or communications, preferably related to food systems, agriculture, or food policy work.
- Knowledge and familiarity of the structure and programs of the Center for Environmental Farming Systems with the capability of independently producing accurate communication materials with little supervision.
-Valid Driver’s LicenseSpecial Instructions
- Cover letter stating your interest in the position
- Contact information for three referneces
Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.09/24/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date09/30/2019AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess a Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience?
- * Do you have excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, computer, and time/project management skills?
- * Do you possess strong writing and editing skills are critical for this position (writing samples will be required)?
- * Are you capable of doing all the described activities independently while also working closely with a diverse group of CEFS staff, faculty, students, and other stakeholders?
- * Are you knowledgeable about agriculture and local food systems, preferably in North Carolina, and passionate about CEFS’ work?
- Do you possess at least five years of demonstrated success in marketing or communications, preferably related to food systems, agriculture, or food policy work?
- Are you knowledgeable and familiar of the structure and programs of the Center for Environmental Farming Systems with the capability of independently producing accurate communication materials with little supervision?
- * Do you have a valid driver’s license?
- * Please explain what interests you about the mission of CEFS.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References