Pharmacy Compliance Coordinator/UKHC
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job TitlePharmacy Compliance Coordinator/UKHCRequisition NumberRE20341Working TitlePharmacy Compliance Coordinator/UKHC - Hazardous Drug CompoundingDepartment NameH3330:Pharmacy ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level10Salary Range$46,675-74,776/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
AAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
5 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Certified Pharmacy Technician (by PTCB or ExCPhT) and registered with the Kentucky Board of PharmacyPhysical Requirements
May include standing for greater than five hours at a time and possibly walking several miles per day, as well as the ability to reach items above shoulder-level and lift up to 25 pounds.Shift
Primarily Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm; some nights, weekends, and/or holidays may be required in order to meet departmental needs.Job Summary
UK Healthcare is seeking a Pharmacy Compliance Coordinator, whose primary role is to manage compliance of all hazardous sterile product areas enterprise wide (Chandler Central, Markey outpatient, Research, Pediatrics). This position’s responsibilities will include the training and education of technicians on beyond use dating, hood certification, proper decontamination of hazardous agents. The Pharmacy Compliance Coordinator will ensure compliance with USP chapters <71>, <797> and <800>, as well as compliance with all state board of pharmacy laws and regulatory bodies such as Office of Inspector General (OIG), Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP), and Joint Commission: Joint Commision; (JCAHO)
This position will also place orders daily for all products via multiple systems as well as returning product as necessary to vendor and assist the manager with the pharmaceutical recall process.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal communication skills and effective written and verbal communication abilities; planning and organization skills and a high regard for attention to detail; the ability to solve routine problems and manage resources; and a proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. The ability to provide excellent customer service is essential to the success of the individual in this position.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
National Pharmacy Technician Association Sterile Product Certification, Critical Point Sterile Compounding Boot Camp, Intelligent Hospital Systems Environmental Monitoring Training, or equivalent sterile compounding experience preferred.Deadline to Apply09/29/2019University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently a national Certified Pharmacy Technician with either PTCB or ExCTHT?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- * Please describe your experience in training and education of pharmacy technicians in compliance and/or regulations.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter