Student: At Home Health Services Provider/Medicaid Waiver Attendant Caregiver
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job TitleStudent: At Home Health Services Provider/Medicaid Waiver Attendant CaregiverRequisition NumberSE02421Department Name3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork LocationLexington, KYOn Campus/Off CampusOff CampusSalary Range$10-16/ hourType of PositionStudentPosition Time Status Part-TimePreferred Education/Experience
No previous experience or education required.Hours per Week
10+ hours per week
Hours vary by week.
You must be a current UK student to apply for this position.
We have a need for employees in the evenings and weekends. We will do all the trainings and pay you for your time. No previous experience or education required.
We help all ages in the home. We have an immediate need for someone to work with a five year old autistic child.
Purpose: Focus on needs and wants of Member and assist them according to Service Plan and Help At Home Guidebook. Follow direction of Wellness Consultant Nurse. Help everyone, including self, to their best possible health and quality of life.
• Refers to Help At Home Guidebook and Plan of Care to help member at home to best possible health and quality of life, encouraging as much functionality and independence as possible.
• Documents time on sign in/out sheet (separate sheet from notes in Guidebook) AND enters time in TSheets application. Turn in SIGNED hard copies of time sheets when you pick up your check.
• Documents all duties performed, care given, special notes in Guidebook. Take picture of notes and send to member’s assigned email address with days and dates in subject line each day or week. Your check will not be issued until notes are sent and accounted for.
1. Write legibly.
2. All notes must include:
a. Time in and time out.
b. Name, title of worker and date.
c. Documentation of progress or lack of progress toward Service Plan goals and objectives.
3. If you make a mistake, draw a line through it and date and initial, and record the correct information. DO NOT use white out or scribble over a mistake!
4. Never document before the procedure is completed. Do not skip lines or leave blank spaces between entries. Time and date all entries and sign with your name and title. Report the events in the order in which they occur. Include the persons present at the event.
5. Only report what you have personally done or observed. Never document something that was performed by a different person as if you did them.
• Calls nurse with any concerns or questions immediately. If nurse is unreachable, call director.
• Turns in sign in/out sheets, all notes on actions performed according to plan of care and special notes weekly on last day of week worked. Can send electronically but hard copy must be turned in each payday.
• Keeps records of member’s input and output and other pertinent information in member’s Help At Home Guidebook.
• Practices emergency response procedure when necessary and calls supervisor immediately in emergency
• Fills out a change of condition/incident/abuse, neglect, exploitation report immediately upon witnessing a change of condition/incident/abuse, neglect, exploitation and then signs report; makes three copies and sees that one goes immediately (phone call first) to appropriate agency, one goes in member’s file, and one goes to director’s file.
• Picks up after member and self during shift and at end of the day.
• Performs other work outlined in Guidebook. Follows all instructions in Guidebook concerning rooms off limits, etc.
• Asks member or member’s guardian/spouse/child POA to sign time sheets (separate from notes in Guidebook) at end of day (if you are there for less than a week) or week (if you are there for the entire week). Invite member or guardian/spouse/child POA to write additional comments on sheet.
• Communicates with administrator concerning member regularly, with a minimum of once every two weeks. Administrator will make visits in member’s homes at random times.
• Completes DAIL Attendant Care Certification Training yearly and passes test with 75 or greater per cent correct.
• Practices our no chemical or physical restraint policy.
• Notifies administration immediately when not able to work a given day or time (see handbook for further instructions).
• Wears AGING WITH GRACE-The Health Club for Seniors approved attire: Nice scrubs or casual dress or nice athletic wear. No excessive jewelry, no sandals, no shorts, and no revealing clothing, please.
Qualifications for Services Provider: Eight hours of orientation to new client plan of care position. See Training Schedule, attached. Must show evidence of completed DAIL Attendant Care Certification Training and a test score of 75% or more on DAIL Attendant Care Certification Training test. Must understand and implement the no chemical or physical restraints policy (see Employee Handbook). Must pass KARES background check, including having fingerprints taken. Must have clear TB test yearly and provide proof for file. Must pass drug screening. Must have and pass CPR/First Aid Training during orientation. Problem solving skills, communication skills, people skills and a positive attitude required. Must show compassion and a desire to serve.Deadline to Apply10/19/2019University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date09/30/2019Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * You must be a UK student to hold this position. Are you a UK student?