Job location: Los Angeles, CA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-09-19
Job Description:Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent, regionally accredited not-for profit professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Marriage and Family Therapy Department consists of two programs: a M.A. in Marriage, Couples, and Family Therapy (offered at all three Southern California campuses – Los Angeles, Irvine, and San Diego), and a PsyD in Marriage and Family Therapy (offered at the Los Angeles and Irvine campuses). Both programs are endorsed by the Board of Behavioral Sciences and the Department is currently pursuing COAMFTE Programmatic Accreditation for the MA program.
We are currently seeking an Affiliate Faculty to join our Los Angeles Campus.
- Teach a minimum of six credit hours of instruction.
- Perform additional assignments equivalent to the amount of work required for five additional hours of instruction, primarily related to advisement and administrative support as assigned by the Department Chair and Assistant Department Chair.
- Perform advisement and supervisory activities including at least 1 hour of on-site office hours for MFT students.
- Perform additional duties as determined by the Department Chair and Assistant Department Chair.
- A doctoral degree in a relevant discipline.
- Licensure as a Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT) in the state of California.
- AAMFT-Approved Supervisor eligible (AAMFT Approved Supervisor status preferred).
- Teaching experience in higher education.
- Strong knowledge base in relational/systemic theory and practice.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.