Student Services Coordinator
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-19
The University of Virginia Department of Engineering Systems and Environment (UVA ESE), seeks a Student Services Coordinator. As the home to UVA's recognized undergraduate and graduate degree programs in civil and systems engineering, we are a leader in the study of human and socio-technical systems. Our faculty and students create innovations that will help address society’s most wicked problems, which are often emergent, large scale, and complex in areas ranging from public health to smart cities to environmental resilience. In a rapidly changing world, we believe that a better future is possible for all by training the leaders of tomorrow in a collaborative academic environment that encourages excellence in the classroom and laboratory.
The Student Services Coordinator will be responsible for advising students interested in study abroad programs, as well as offer a range of services in support of international students. Senior Coordinators work independently to apply and interpret policy under the direction of academic leaders. They work to improve student processes and procedures, make recommendations, and implement changes. Student Services Coordinator may coordinate the work of others or supervise student staff.
- Process applications and may oversee the application process.
- Maintain staff and academic calendars, according to approved appointments and changes from supervisors. Anticipate changes due to academic calendar or other shifting priorities.
- Work with faculty to schedule courses including coordinating appropriate time slots, room size and technology needs.
- Update external website and internal intranet sites with student information, key dates, and events. Produce and update program brochures.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of events such as diploma ceremonies, graduation, proposals and dissertation defenses, and student organization events. Make appropriate reservations for spaces on or off Grounds, processing paperwork, setup, and break-down.
- Take a lead coordination role, acting more independently on details under the general direction of the supervisor.
- Serve as initial contact for students on a wide range of individual questions, providing appropriate information and referring only the most complex question to appropriate personnel when needed.
- Provide scheduling and clerical support for a dean or other senior personnel.
- Provide program and registration support to prospective students in the international programs application and/or visa process. Keep updated records of current and past program enrollment and maintain evaluations.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma
- Four years of student related administrative support experience. Bachelor's degree may substitute for experience.
- This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require the ability to attend meetings, and programs.
This position will remain open until filled. This is an Non-Exempt level, benefited position. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior Recruiter at email@example.com.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.