Universityof Colorado – School of Medicine
Department of Pharmacology
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
The University of Colorado Comprehensive CancerCenter (UCCC) is seeking a PhD-level Bioinformatics researcher that specializesin analysis of –omics data in the cancer research space and has a desire tohelp train postdoctoral research scientists. The ideal candidate will have astrong track record, as demonstrated through publications, in the analysis andinterpretation of -omics data generated from cancer samples. Additionally, atrack record of algorithm development with strong programming skills, primarilyusing R. Finally, the ideal candidate will have a desire to train exceptional postdoctoralresearchers to both develop Bioinformatics analysis plans around their researchtopics and then to execute on those plans. This position is highly collaborativewith opportunities to both develop independent research and collaborate withUCCC members, who are top tier research scientists. Roughly half of time forthis position will be dedicated to research and working on projects through theUCCC Biostatistics and Bioinformatics shared resource. The remaining half ofthe time for this position will be dedicated to education, mentoring andtraining. This position offers a unique opportunity for a highly qualifiedindividual to gain experience in both research and education at a top tiermedical research campus. This positionwill also offer the opportunity to develop independence of research throughindividual and collaborative grant funding.
The UCCC is the top-ranked NCI-designatedcomprehensive cancer center in the mountain region of the United States. The UCCC has a membershipof 230 faculty that span research from basic cancer biology to epidemiology andcancer prevention. The University hasmade major investments into centralizing patient medical records for researchpurposes, brining in cutting edge single cell technologies at the protein, DNA,and RNA level (10x Genomics, VECTRA, MIBI, mass spectrometry, high contentmicroscopy), made major investments in to building research programs in Immuno-oncology,data analytics, RNA biosciences, and Fibrosis. The UCCC is committed todeveloping cutting edge basic research and translating these findings into theclinic. With 15 shared resources, including Genomics, Functional Genomics,Proteomics/Metabolomics and Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, The UCCC offerscutting edge resources to its members.
This position will be fully supported through the UCCC withgenerous salary compensation commensurate with the qualifications of theindividual.
· Analysisof -omics datasets through the Biostatistics and Bioinformatics shared resource,with a focus on next generation sequencing data, particularly for whole genomeand whole exome data.
· Developcollaborative relationships with UCCC members
· Developmentand implementation of algorithms for the analysis of -omics data
· Writingand reviewing of grants and manuscripts
· Developmentand implementation of a training program for roughly 6 postdoc researchers withlimited Bioinformatics training per year.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe andsecure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist inachieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees priorto their employment.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternativeformats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
· APhD in Bioinformatics/Biostatistics/Computational Biology or related fields.
· Demonstratedtrack record in the Bioinformatics/Computational Biology/Mathematical Modelingspace through peer-reviewed publications.
· Adeep understanding of NGS technologies and development of the pipelines toanalyze the associated data.
· Ademonstrable ability to assemble an analysis pipeline for whole genome andwhole exome sequencing data
· Code-basethat is managed through a software versioning system
· Atrack record in cancer research
· Adesire and track record for training others in Bioinformatics analysis
· Programmingin R along with another language
· Excellentcommunication and interpersonal skills
· Adesire to work collaboratively with multiple researchers in the cancer space
· Interestin developing new algorithms for new technologies, such as multiplexed ion beamimaging and/or single cell technologies
· Experiencewith developing and writing grant applications or parts of grant applicationsaround Bioinformatics analysis
· Previouslydeveloped and taught a Bioinformatics training course
· A proventrack record in analysis of other –omic datasets
· Applicationand development of deep learning methods
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Sep 19, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing