DAWN Clinic Coordinator
Description*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* Universityof Colorado l Anschutz Medical CampusSchoolof Medicine, Department of FamilyMedicineDAWNClinic Coordinator (Business Services Senior Professionals)Position#767799 – Requisition 17298 The University ofColorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstratedcommitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectivelywith students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. TheDepartment of Family Medicine hasan opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) DAWN ClinicCoordinator (Business Services Senior Professionals) position. TheUniversity of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutionsnationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus,designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts theCollege of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, andPublic Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and twohospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciencesresearch park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutzoffers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and fivefirst-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside facultymembers who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expertclinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for researchand innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards eachyear and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since2002. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Nature of Work:DAWN is aninterdisciplinary student-run free clinic that serves uninsured patients fromthe Aurora community. Our goals are to provide the best healthcare possible toour neighbors in need, and to provide an opportunity for University of Coloradostudents to collaborate with and learn from each other while serving thecommunity surrounding the Anschutz Medical Campus. The clinic was createdas a joint venture between the Fields Foundation and Primary Care Progress.
The DAWN Coordinator will facilitate the day-to-day management of the clinic,working with the Executive Team to address patient needs, ensure the fiscalviability of the clinic, and oversee and support the student work groups andvolunteer clinical faculty that perform work at the DAWN Clinic. Examples of Work Performed: Clinic Management:
- Providesreal time service to internal and external customers during business hours.
- Managesthe scheduling of volunteer preceptors and students to ensure adequate coveragein the clinic.
- Prioritizesclinical communications and works with the Executive Team and studentworkgroups to address patient needs, including:
- Callsfrom outside providers (lab, pharmacies, offices, clinics or hospitals).
- Ensuringclinical questions from existing patients are transmitted to clinician on call.
- Newpatient referrals.
- Appointmentrequests (new and existing patients).
- Develops,implements and maintains streamlined processes for the best practices in therecruiting, onboarding and credentialing of new volunteers and medicalstudents.
- Sources,recruits and assesses volunteers and determines the best workgroup placementbased on their area of expertise and interests.
- Facilitatesappointments for Coordinates with workgroup leaders to ensure the effectiveonboarding and retention of volunteers.
- Responsiblefor all functions pertaining to the onboarding, credentialing and ongoingmanagement of students and volunteer faculty, including:
- Generatingcommunication with potential volunteers to support recruitment and onboarding.
- Facilitatingnew volunteer paperwork and maintaining volunteer appointment files, reappointments,and handling general inquiries for MD/PA/NPs as well as dentists, pharmacists,nurses and physical therapists as preceptors.
- Accuratelymaintaining the volunteer information database and the DAWN organizationalchart.
- Processingonboarding tasks for EMR access.
- Responsiblefor procurement and purchasing as well as assisting with financial reportingfor various programs within DAWN, adhering to both University and 501(c)(3)guidelines.
- Managesprocurement, purchasing, reimbursements, and payments to grantees andsubcontractors, and assists Executive Team with financial reporting.
- Handles technical budget detail matters, such asestimating/forecasting budget needs; assisting with preparing budget documents;overseeing compliance with budget guidelines; recommending adjustments toremain within overall budget limitations; and interpreting budget materials,guidelines and processes.
- Independentlymanages projects and assignments andfacilitates communication between parties for operational projects within theorganization.
- Independently identifies projects that may not be on track or forwhich due dates are approaching. Sends reminders, schedules meeting to addressissues, takes initiative to implement processes to prevent compromised customerservice or missed deadlines. Improves program operational efficiency throughorganization, increased communication, dissemination of information,application of work standards, and tracking mechanisms.
- Providesexecutive-level support to DAWN. Prioritizes duties and balances all the needsof the organization to ensure an efficient administrative service deliverysystem and adherence to program guidelines. Serves as a liaison on administrative issues with internal and externalcustomers, including student leaders.
- Responsiblefor scheduling meetings, calendar coordination and meeting attendance,including calendar management for the executive team and coordinating meetingsfor DAWN.
- Drafts and proofscorrespondence, documents, spreadsheets, andpresentations and updates and maintains the DAWN website.
Your total compensation goes beyond thenumber on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave,health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Condition of Employment:
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Sep 19, 2019
Unposting Date: Oct 19, 2019, 10:59:00 PM