Adjunct Faculty (Section Leaders) – Online MBA – Marketing
Position InformationPosition Information Present Position NumberP1011WRole TitlePT Instruct/LecturerPosition TitleAdjunct Faculty (Section Leaders) – Online MBA – MarketingPosition Summary
The Center for Online Learning at the Raymond A. Mason School of Business at William & Mary is recruiting a pool of adjunct faculty (Section Leaders) to lead one or more 7.5-week sections of the Marketing course within the Online MBA program.
Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Online MBA program at William & Mary delivers an exemplary business education unlike any other by focusing on an innovative theme: “Renaissance Thinker, Revolutionary Leader.” Courses address enduring and relevant business themes, including breadth of knowledge, communications, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving. Please visit the following website to learn more about the Online MBA program at William & Mary and the Marketing course: https://online.mason.wm.edu/mba
Section Leaders serve a vital role within the Online MBA program and are valued members of the Raymond A. Mason School of Business and the William & Mary community. Under the guidance of the Master Teacher, Section Leaders facilitate course activities, monitor discussion boards, provide students with timely feedback, and grade assignments and exams. Section Leaders are provided with professional learning opportunities and are invited to attend on-campus events.
Position duties include:
• Maintain frequent and open communication with William & Mary faculty and staff through email, mail, telephone, and any other medium deemed appropriate.
• Review course content, activities, and assignments prior to the term start date.
• Coordinate course activities with the Master Teacher.
• Meet all designated course instruction guidelines.
• Provide students with timely and specific feedback.
• Grade assignments and exams in a timely manner based on the instructions/rubrics provided by the Master Teacher (48 – 72 hours).
• Respond to student inquiries within 24 hours.
• Monitor discussion boards and participate as applicable.
• Offer weekly virtual office hours for individual or group consultation.
• Meet weekly with the Master Teacher during regularly scheduled calls throughout the course.
• Submit final grades according to William & Mary policy and the Online Programs calendar.
• Submit end-of-semester feedback and reflection form.
Section Leaders typically spend 15 to 20 hours per week on the duties listed above.
Selected candidates must demonstrate proficiency using the learning management system and knowledge of applicable policies and procedures by completing all required training and orientation activities prior to the term start date.
For full consideration, submit a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV), and the contact information for three references by the review date. Applications received after the review date will be considered if needed and the position will remain open until filled.
Your application will remain active for a year; you may resubmit your application for subsequent years. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Required Qualifications
Please make sure your cover letter and CV clearly indicate how you meet the following required qualifications:
• Master’s degree in marketing or a closely related field, or an MBA with a concentration in marketing.
• Expertise and relevant professional and/or instructional experience in marketing strategy.
• Previous experience providing instruction to adult learners in an academic or corporate setting.
• Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills.
Please make sure your cover letter and CV clearly indicate whether you meet any of the preferred qualifications:
• Ph.D. or other doctoral degree directly related to the discipline.
• Demonstrated excellence teaching adult learners in a professional degree program.
• Previous experience providing online instruction.
• Enthusiasm for delivering education in an online mode.
• Computer proficiency and experience using Canvas.
For full consideration, submit a cover letter, CV, and the contact information for three references by the review date. You may also upload evidence of your teaching effectiveness and communication skills using the “Other Doc” option. Applications received after the review date will be considered if needed and the position will remain open until filled.
Your application will remain active for a year; you may resubmit your application for subsequent years. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Background Check Statement
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.EEO Statement
William & Mary is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access employer and actively encourages applications from minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you hold a Master’s degree in marketing or a closely related field, or an MBA with a concentration in marketing?
- * What graduate degree(s) do you hold and what is the name of the institution(s) that issued it?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have expertise and relevant professional and/or instructional experience in marketing strategy?
- * Do you have previous experience providing instruction to adult learners in an academic or corporate setting?
- * Do you have previous experience providing online instruction?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Other Doc