Position InformationPosition Information Present Position NumberFP552WRole Code TitleProf/Lecturer/11-12MthPosition TitleData AnalystPosition Summary
The Data Analyst position is responsible for developing standardized reports, creating dashboards, and writing data queries using Oracle SQL, Crystal Reports, and R.
The position will participate in the development of the department’s strategic goals and direction, provide business recommendations to colleagues, and oversee system implementations.
Reporting to the Director, Information Strategy, the Data Analyst will keep informed of developments within the broad area of information technology to evaluate the potential improvements of applying new technologies on current processes and will help to identify and segment data for marketing to new donors, targeting high-profile alumni, and reaching out to potential volunteers.
- Consults with colleagues across Advancement to design and implement queries and automated reports that facilitate business processes and anticipate our future needs.
- Determines the most effective ways to retrieve data from multiple systems. Analyzes and improves fundraising performance through the design and implementation of reports.
- Uses SQL, Crystal Reports, and R to pull and load accurate data, create reports, and build interactive visuals. Maintains and modifies code to align with Advancement goals and policies.
- Synchronizes, monitors, and conducts data exchange processes to include data updates from multiple sources.
- Conducts data clean-up projects, audits, and validity testing to ensure continued accuracy and completeness of data.
This is an exciting time to work at William & Mary in the Office of Advancement as we raise $1B in our campaign, For the Bold! We are hiring ambitious, energetic professionals to join a team of 180 colleagues in our award-winning work of alumni engagement, fundraising and philanthropic outreach to a diverse community of supporters. Our alumni give back to W&M, earning us the honor of being named the number one public institution for alumni giving in 2018.Required Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, business analytics, or related field with demonstrated experience or specialized expertise directly related to the position.
- Strong proficiency within relational databases and demonstrated skills in programming, reporting, scripting and database query.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and relationships concurrently. Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an eye for detail and accuracy in all aspects of responsibilities.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to collaborate with a diverse group of colleagues and constituents with varying systems experience and understanding. Strong customer service skills with a diplomatic, tactful, and approachable communication style.
- Commitment to high performance, teamwork, and accountability with a strong work ethic and sense of integrity.
- Demonstrated experience querying databases in a customer relationship management environment.
- Demonstrated Experience manipulating and analyzing data with a scripting language, including experience with data aggregation, transformation, and formatting.
- Experience working with end users to gather requirements and determine needs before project implementation.
Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, business analytics, or related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in philanthropy and fundraising.
- Strong skills using SQL, Crystal Reports, R, Shiny, and LaTeX.
- Strong skills in Oracle relational databases.
- Experience with Ellucian Advance, Salesforce, and R
- Experience in predictive analytics and time series analysis is highly desirable.
U09Job Open Date09/19/2019Review Begin Date10/14/2019Job Close DateOpen Until FilledYesEmployment CategoryProfessional FTPosition Term12-MonthSpecial Application InstructionsConditions of Employment:
- This position is subject to additional hours beyond the typical work week to include evenings and weekends.
- This position requires flexibility in working schedule.
William & Mary is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access employer and actively encourages applications from minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans.Background Check Statement
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Supplemental Question
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have customer service experience?
- * Do you have experience using a scripting language (R, Python, etc.)?
- * Do you have experience using a query language (Oracle SQL, MySQL, etc.)?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Other Doc
- Other 2