PostDoc in Eye Tracking/Neuroscience of Reading/Discourse Comprehension
- 2-year position. The initial contract is for one year. Second-year contract is based on performance and extension to a third year is possible.
- Desired start date is Spring 2020, but will consider later start dates including Summer 2020 and even Fall 2020.
- Collaborate on research projects involving eye tracking and neuroimaging (fNIRS/EEG) during reading comprehension and complex learning from text.
- Work with Dr. Sidney D’Mello https://www.colorado.edu/ics/sidney-dmello and will play a co-leadership role in a vibrant research team encompassing researchers in Cognitive Science, Psychology/Neuroscience, and Computer Science.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Collaborative. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Ph.D. in Cognitive Science, Cognitive Psychology, or Cognitive Neuroscience at the time of appointment.
- Research experience in one or more of the following areas (eye tracking during reading comprehension, neuroscience of reading [fMRI, fNIRS, EEG], discourse comprehension, computational text analysis).
- Strong writing skills and ability to conduct independent research as evidenced by first author journal publications.
- Advanced analytic skills (e.g., generalized linear mixed models, nonlinear time series analyses, machine learning).
- Basic scripting/programming skills (e.g., R, Python).
- Experience mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
- Cover Letter
- Professional Publications: Two representative publications.
Review of applications will begin on immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.