Online Course Coordinator
The Online Course Coordinator will oversee the day to day course functions of the Electrical, Computer, and Energy Engineering's online MS-EE program on the Coursera platform. This position is on the front line and serves as the liaison between the Course Facilitators (Graduate Students) and the instructors. The Online Course Coordinator provides faculty and student support for a wide range of crucial activities, including hiring, training, and supervising course facilitators, scheduling courses, creating policies and procedures, reviewing activity reports, and managing and processing various academic issues. Evening and weekend work may be required in order to provide support for students around the world. This position will collaborate with individuals in the provost's Office of Strategic Initiatives and participate in strategy meetings.Who We AreElectrical, Computer and Energy Engineering at CU Boulder is the premier undergraduate and graduate program in Colorado by reputation, rankings and size. Nationally, we are ranked 22nd among public electrical engineering graduate programs, and 21st among public computer engineering graduate programs by U.S. News and World Report.
Our number of required and elective undergraduate laboratory courses is among the highest of any engineering college in the country. Our students say the hands-on laboratory component greatly enhances understanding of lecture concepts, and industry recruiters confirm that the value of our graduates is definitely increased by their laboratory experiences.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeOn-line Course Support and Services
- Responsible for communication and escalation of student on-line program and course issues to the instructor of record and other department stakeholders.
- Monitor assessment results and makes recommendations to the instructor of record.
- Review exam proctoring deviation reports, filter valid issues and escalate to program director for further routing and investigation.
- Assist faculty with the Coursera Management System features.
- Communicate regularly with individual faculty members, project managers, and other departmental stakeholders.
- Collaborate with faculty to identify appropriate beta testers and course facilitators.
- Create and implements procedures and timelines for course facilitator responsibilities.
- Serve as the interface between the course facilitators, students and the instructor.
- Track withdrawals, enrollments, academic standing, grades and assignment deadlines/disputes/exceptions.
- Manage student peer review processes (e.g. timing and policy decisions).
- Schedule courses on the Coursera platform and on Campus Solutions
- Review and monitors student forums and optimizes courses for best performance.
- Work with the instructor to make appropriate edits to the course on the Coursera platform.
- Supervise, hire, onboard, train and manage timesheet setup, reviews, and approvals for course facilitators (student appointments).
- Review course facilitator activity reports and flags items for intervention and/or possible escalation.
- Mentor course facilitators to help them monitor student forums and answer questions.
- Manage work schedules and assigns responsibilities.
- Complete performance evaluations and handles issues within the department and Student Employment Office, as necessary.
- Assist with hiring additional course facilitators, as necessary.
- Communicate with the department HR/payroll liaison to ensure timely and accurate setup of student hire appointments and payroll each semester, as needed.
- Serve as backup for the Online Program Support Coordinator.
- Assist with ad hoc assignments and special projects as assigned.
- Document all processes and procedures including access and storage.
- Attend and participates in various online MS-EE related meetings and events.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and one year of professional experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Familiarity with the Coursera platform.
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to work independently.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- An enthusiasm for learning new systems, both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to solve problems independently and creatively with strong critical thinking skills.
- Experience working with engineering students and faculty in a higher education environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and possesses great attention to detail.
- Executes multiple tasks simultaneously and meets tight deadlines.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary to provide support to students around the world.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or math from an accredited institution.
- One year or more experience with online learning education and/or Coursera platform.
- One year or more of supervisory experience.
- Detail oriented with strong ability to understand constituent needs.
- Proven ability to work with all members of a broad and diverse community.
- Demonstrated collaborative and participative team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with faculty, students, administrators and staff.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political, and geographical differences with ability to work well with faculty, staff, and students from around the world.
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please apply by October 1, 2019 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.