Business Systems Specialist
Who We AreHousing and Dining Services (HDS) believes that as we dedicate ourselves to the university’s strategic direction, we in HDS create an inclusive and supportive holistic experience that will inspire our students to thrive and fulfill their potential.What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Duties include, but are not limited to, paying vouchers; processing accounts payable and accounts receivable; processing accounting forms and routing for approval; checking for accurate documentation and accuracy of figures and codes, compliance with rules and regulations, and necessary signatures; batching data for data input using automated accounting systems; verifying and correcting data entries and maintaining records.
- Invoice Processing – Check for accuracy and signatures on invoices ensuring that pricing is accurate. Will resolve invoice and statement issues if discrepancies are found. Enter invoices into automated system while maintains copies of invoices to send to Accounts Payable.
- Records Management – Maintain and update automated systems, including new items. Monitor and maintain Standing Purchase Order logs and files. Review Problem Card Forms and keep records for follow up actions and billing.
- Vendor Relations – Call vendors (Accounts Payable) on invoice issues seeking to resolve invoice and statement issues.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Collaborative. Be Inspired. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Two years of bookkeeping or technical accounting experience.
- Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Associates Degree in a related field.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please apply by September 29, 2019 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.