Communications & Marketing Coordinator
This job will require a strong knowledge of the AP style guide and attention to detail. Must have experience with drupal-based content management systems. Experience working in various digital content management systems is a plus. This individual will utilize critical and creative thinking skills to advise multiple, student facing departments on strategic and effective digital content to support their business needs.Who We AreStudent Affairs Communications is dedicated to supporting the Division of Student Affairs with strategic communication and marketing needs. We are a resource for the division and its departments to develop and implement communication plans and tactics that educate, engage and positively impact the CU Boulder community. SA Comm works closely with Strategic Relations and other campus partners to ensure integrated campus-wide marketing and communications.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeWebsite Management and Content Writing
- Coordinate and implement multiple communication and marketing campaigns through a variety of channels including email, social media, digital, print and web platforms.
- Ensure that all media platforms are fully utilized and coordinated with larger division campaigns by working collaboratively with other members of Student Affairs Communication team.
- Create, design, review and deploy communication tactics for a variety of campaigns.
- Assess communications for efficiency and engagement.
- Understand the relationship between design, content, and user experience and therefore adapts content as needed for each medium and audience.
- Review and edit thoroughly all communication pieces at each phase of the creation and deployment process.
- Identify appropriate uses for videos and photos in the overarching communication plan.
- Maintain strong brand identity across all communication and marketing materials.
- Work with departments within the Division of Student Affairs and campus partners to develop and implement materials consistent with strategic initiatives and branding.
- Stay abreast of industry developments to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities including changes in regulations, technology, and standard methodologies.
- Attend Student Affairs Communicators meetings regularly to provide project updates and to stay educated on other division priorities and projects.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Ambitious. Be Creative. Be Boulder.What We Require
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two years of experience crafting content for marketing and communications campaigns.
- Outstanding interpersonal, writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Experience creating for diverse outlets (web, print, social media) and audiences.
- Experience working with team collaborations in a marketing/communications environment.
What We Would Like You To Have
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in communications, marketing, advertising, journalism, English, or closely related field.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience using CSS, HTML and/or a content management system, especially Drupal.
- Experience with customer relations management systems
- Experience in public health or related field.
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please apply by October 6, 2019 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.