RESEARCH ASSOCIATE I
Under the moderate supervision and with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment, performs routine research projects. May supervise the work of others.Description of Duties
• Collects, compiles, and analyzes research data.
• Prepares, collects, evaluates, and verifies samples and supporting records for experiments.
• Uses statistical methods and relational databases to analyze data sets.
• Prepares or assists with preparing reports of research findings.
• Assists with planning, developing, coordinating, and administering research projects.
• May assist in designing and creating computer programs for research applications.
• Operates and maintains equipment and automated systems.
•May train users on the operation and data management of research equipment.
• Maintains inventory of research related material.
• Complies with all State and University policies.
• Other duties may be assigned.Supervision Received
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.Supervision Given
May carry out limited responsibilities in accordance with the project objectives, policies and applicable laws guidance for student employees.Required Education
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in an applicable discipline.Preferred Education
No minimum experience required.Preferred Experience
Knowledge of statistical concepts and methods and their application to research analysis, of measurement, testing, and evaluation, and of research methods, principles, techniques, and philosophies. Skilled in conducting qualitative and quantitative research and in using computers, software, and statistical tools and programs. Ability to plan, organize, and oversee research projects, evaluate research data, ensure the development of measuring instruments with respect to reliability, relevance, and validity, interpret and publish research findings, and communicate effectively. Knowledge of all Microsoft Office software and able to learn and use institutional software systems.Working Conditions
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Other
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the public. This position is designed for full-time employees. May work some evenings and/or weekends.Physical CapabilitiesEmployment CategoryFull-TimeMinimum SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosted SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosition Available Date09/19/2019Grant Funded PositionNoIf Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date Posting Detail Information EEO Statement
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.Additional Information
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.Quick Linkhttp://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/22633Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current UTRGV employee?
- * Are you now, or previously, employed by The University of Texas System or any of its institutions?
- Yes - I currently am employed by the UT System or its institutions
- Yes - I have previously been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- No - I have never been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- * Please select your highest level of completed education.
- 6th grade education
- 10th grade education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree, Technical, or Trade School Degree/Certification or 60 Hours of College Hours
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
- Masters Degree from an accredited university
- Ph. D. or other terminal degree from an accredited university
- None of the above
- * Please provide the field of study for your education:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of full time work experience you have directly related to the position in which you are applying for:
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 9 years
- 10 years
- Over 10 years
- * Do you meet the minimum requirements for this position?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Certifications and Licenses
- Training Certificates
- Other Document
- List of 3 References
- Unofficial Transcripts 2
- Unofficial Transcripts 3
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Additional Document