Support Professional - Associate Dean's Office Student Success & Retention -External
Job Title: Support Professional - Associate Dean's Office Student Success & Retention -External
Location: GRCC Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 1007
***EXTERNAL POSTING- OPEN TO ANY QUALIFIED CANDIDATE***Date: September 18, 2019Job ID: 1007Title: Support Professional - Associate Dean's Office – Student Success & RetentionHours: 40 hours/52 weeksSalary: Level A $17.76/hourReports to: Associate Dean of Student Success and RetentionClose Date: October 2, 2019*Some Evening or weekend hours may be required due to special events or projectsSummary
The Support Professional for the Student Success & Retention (SSR) Associate Dean maintains the office and ensures efficiency and office organization. This person must be engaging with students, faculty, and staff with a strong attention to detail while possessing an understanding of GRCC policies, processes, and practices in order to add assistance to select projects that support student success.
- Operate an efficient office and provide high-level administrative support to the Associate Dean of Student Success and Retention with the ability to utilize discretion and judgment in dealing with sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Greet and direct visitors, students, and faculty/staff in person and via telephone or e-mail regarding a wide range of issues related to the College.
- Exhibit a working knowledge of College departments and services available for students, staff, faculty, and the community.
- Serve as team member to assist in the design, development and implementation of programs, services, or processes that have a goal of increased student success and retention.
- Academic Standing - coordinate the implementation of probation and suspension policies, preparing and facilitating delivery of mass communications to students on probation and suspension.
- Student outreach programs and workshops - assist with the design, development, and promotion of classroom and non-classroom programming that supports strategic retention plan.
- Participate in the collection, compilation, and analysis of various data.
- Support the development, writing, and sharing of accurate statistical and narrative departmental, divisional, or institutional reports.
- Manage internal processes including, but not limited to, Late Semester Hardship Withdrawals, budget oversight, faculty/staff hiring and onboarding.
- Work in conjunction with Associate Dean to coordinate all operational components for assigned programs (workshop/class set-up, conference services, materials and supplies, etc.)
- Manage input processes for College Learning Studies (CLS) including scheduling, section assignments, coordination of classroom observations, creation of semester email group, and syllabus review.
- Accurately prepare and update departmental documents.
- Remove registration holds and complete registration overrides as necessary when supported by appropriate evidence and rationale.
- Schedule meetings and prepare meeting materials as requested. Take effective notes, accurately transcribe, distribute, and file accordingly.
- Assist with the intake of student complaints/concerns, and grade appeals.
- Serve as power user for Image Now and 25 Live.
- Assist with payroll processes related to faculty overloads and Faculty Information Forms (FIFs). Calculate and monitor hours for contractual compliance, includes following guidelines regarding equated overload and stipend pay for full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Assist with orientation of faculty, staff, or student employees in relation to office systems, technology tools, and other aspects of onboarding.
- Serve as a resource to students in regards to identification of appropriate and relevant GRCC services.
- Make travel arrangements for the Associate Dean as requested.
- Train, supervise, and coordinate schedules for student employees.
- Maintain sufficient quantity of office supply materials.
- Assist the Associate Dean in facilitating the hiring and performance evaluation process for full time and adjunct faculty.
- Coordinate adjunct evaluation system by scheduling classroom observations and contacting observers.
- Independently prepare recurring departmental update reports.
Marginal (Non-essential) Job Functions
- Collaborate with and assist other SSR support professionals as needed/requested.
- Distribute incoming mail to the 3rd floor of the Student Center building.
- Assist adjunct faculty in resolving issues with PeopleSoft, GSuite, and Blackboard.
- Assist in monitoring of SARS Early Alert and take necessary action steps.
- Serve as point of contact when Associate Dean is unavailable.
- Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving the GRCC community and performing the essential functions of this position.
- Limited but required project management as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Student Success and Retention.
- Associate’s degree required or comparable combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum of three years of administrative support experience.
- Two years in higher education preferred.
- Must be proficient in verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a diverse population and promote a spirit of inclusiveness.
- Ability to exert initiative and resourcefulness to prevent and/or respond to problems.
- Must use good judgment in handling sensitive or difficult people and situations.
- Strong computer skills in PeopleSoft, SARS, Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and other relevant software. Image Now experience preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Internet navigational skills, with ability to upload and download forms and reports.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be collegial and collaborative.
- Must possess a positive attitude.
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and ethical standards.
- Finalists will be required to complete an office testing module and meet minimum standards, plus possess excellent proofreading skills and have aptitude for detail work. An in-basket assignment may be required.
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform daily routine and unexpected duties with minimum supervision.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings/weekends.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Possess mature judgment and be flexible in regard to interruptions.