Program Coordinator, International Health Department
Program Coordinator, International Health Department
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Program Coordinator, International Health Department - Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies
The Program Coordinator is the focal point for communications among the faculty, students, school administration, advisory committees and alumni, and therefore has the broadest knowledge of all aspects of the programs and operations of the department. With excellent administration skills, the Coordinator provides the base for successful academic and research operations. S/he oversees the administrative management of all aspects of the International Health Department. Reporting to the Chair of the International Health Department, the Program Coordinator's duties include but are not limited to:
Program management and Administration:
- Work closely with Chair and NHS senior leadership to ensure that the International Health programs are advanced aggressively within the NHS budget process. Assist in the development and monitoring of program budgets, sponsored research budgets and other initiatives. Work closely with NHS Finance Office to monitor monthly financial reports and provide data for forecasting of revenue and expense.
- Seek outside opportunities to work with funding agencies in areas of faculty expertise that are consistent with the NHS mission. As appropriate, manage mail and phone surveys, conduct web and library research, edit case studies, and support meetings.
- Ensure high levels of student satisfaction through daily interaction and written and verbal feedback. Work closely with students to develop the Georgetown chapter of the national healthcare executive organization. Work with faculty and students to create logical systems and efficient processes to maximize efficiency and student satisfaction. Create methods of data collection and analysis to ensure quality improvement.
- Works closely with faculty members to lead, organize, and grow the International Health programs. Serves as the principle contact for faculty, staff, students, local healthcare leaders, and community partners on issues related to program growth and development.
- Develop and maintain strong ties to alumni and ensure participation in school activities and functions. Ensure that alumni are aware of advances in the Georgetown program and are active participants in our growth.
- Lead efforts to improve curriculum and daily teaching efficiency in the programs. Develop new materials and enhance the use of technology in the classroom. Work closely with faculty to develop, organize and implement departmental activities. Assist with internship and study abroad administrative duties for graduate and undergraduate students.
- Work closely with the International Health faculty on various projects related to their areas of interest.
- Determine creative ways to incorporate local leaders into the Georgetown program as guest lecturers, mentors, and adjunct faculty. Manage the adjunct faculty to meet their needs and the needs of the students
- B.A., in Behavioral or Health Sciences; preferably Health Systems Administration.
- 2-4 years working in international health, health education, educational program development experience relevant, hands-on healthcare delivery experience preferred
- Must be comfortable with computers, able to manage spreadsheets and databases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work cooperatively and effectively with community groups and foundations, manage resources, strong administrative skills, and the ability to work independently
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Medical-Center/Program-Coordinator---International-Health-Department---Georgetown-University-School-of-Nursing---Health-Studies_JR07637
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency