INSTRUCTIONAL MEDIA SERVICES TECHNICIAN, SENIOR
INSTRUCTIONAL MEDIA SERVICES TECHNICIAN, SENIOR
San Diego County - Cuyamaca College
Transforming lives through learning isn't just the vision of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District. It happens every day with our 30,000 students who take the first step in their higher education, become trained for a new career, or learn knowledge that transforms their world perspective.
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District honors a diverse academic community and fosters equity mindedness across our institutions. As such, the District is committed to eliminating achievement gaps among different student groups by promoting a culture of appreciation for diversity, equity, inclusivity, and social justice, and continuously examining our processes and practices through an equity lens.
The District provides an excellent health and welfare benefits package to its employees. We take care of our employees and have continued to offer medical, dental and vision coverage to eligible employees and their dependents at no charge for any of the plans we offer.
Become a part of this dedicated team in beautiful San Diego County!
Please read the entire job posting before your application is submitted. Important instructions to applicants are at the bottom of the page. Be attentive when applying as many of our positions require multiple attachments.
Please note: each page of the application will save upon clicking ‘next.' Draft applications can be accessed through the candidate home page.
Application Deadline: October 11, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Department: Instructional Media Services
Months worked out of the Year: 12 months
Work hours: Monday - Thursday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM; Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Shift Differential: None
Starting Salary Range:
Range: 30; $3,517 (Step A) or $3,719 (Step B) Monthly
Based on education and experience.
Anticipated Start Date: November 2019
- Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, Learning Resources, perform a variety of technical duties related to the distribution, operation, maintenance and repair of instructional media equipment including audio-visual media services, such as video and audio taping, editing and duplication.
- In the absence of the Instructional Media Services Coordinator, oversee and coordinate the operation and utilization of instructional media services including media hardware and software and the technical aspects of the tele-video distribution system.
- Maintain and repair a variety of instructional services equipment and machines including projectors, audio and video tape recorders, record players, television monitors, cameras, tape duplicating and editing equipment and other audio-visual equipment.
- Schedule, deliver, set-up and pick-up instructional media material and equipment to/from various sites.
- Provide assistance to clients in the operation of audio visual equipment.
- Operate a variety of equipment and machines including projectors (movie, slide, overhead, opaque, film-strip), video tape recorders, record players, audio tape recorders and other audio visual equipment. Operate video/television studios and remote production equipment including cameras and switchers, computer hardware and software and various hand and power tools.
- Record, dub and edit audio and video programs.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records, files and reports related to instructional service equipment and functions.
- Train and provide work direction to assigned hourly personnel and student workers; assign and review work; may participate in screening processes of hiring procedures.
- Maintain departmental area(s) in a safe, clean and orderly condition; assure compliance with established safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain currency of qualifications for area of assignment.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Operation, utilization, maintenance and repair of instructional media services equipment.
- Basic principles and practices of the maintenance and repair of electrical, electronic and mechanical equipment.
- Methods, techniques and procedures used in video and audio tape recording, editing and duplication.
- Coordinate technical instructional media services and the distribution of equipment.
- Operate a variety of instructional service equipment and machines including audio-visual equipment, computer hardware and software, and various hand and power tools.
- Maintain and repair instructional service equipment.
- Record, edit and duplicate video and audio tapes.
- Provide technical information and assistance related to instructional services to others.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Remain current in, explain and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Plan and organize work; work independently to meet schedules and timelines.
- Train and provide work direction to others; assign and review the work of others.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Two years of college level training or equivalent with specialized course work in instructional media (a.k.a. audio visual communication) or related area.
- Increasingly responsible instructional media experience.
- Learning Resources Center environment; subject to lifting and climbing.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Applicants may find it helpful to refer back to the job posting, specifically the special instructions, while applying. Consider saving the job description or opening a new browser window.
*ATTENTION* Application materials with pictures or personal information will render your application incomplete. Please do not include any materials that were not asked for.
Having the following materials prepared and ready to attach BEFORE beginning the application may make the application experience more seamless.
Position specific required documents:
- Complete and current resume
- 1-2 page cover letter addressing how you meet the qualifications for this position. Be sure to also address:
- A) Your experience supporting audio-visual equipment in an educational setting or industry position.
- B) Your experience with customer service.
- C) Your experience working as part of a team.
*ATTENTION* Please upload .doc, .docx, or PDF files. If you are working on Google Docs or Mac files please be sure to save under .doc or PDF for file to upload correctly.
Under Federal Law, employers are required to verify that all new employees are eligible for employment in the United States. Prior to appointment to a position, you must present acceptable proof of your identity and authorization to work in the United States.
GCCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX employer.
Applicants who are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act and who require accommodations for completing the application process or interviewing should notify the Human Resources Department by calling (619) 644-7679.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful fingerprint clearance. A processing fee plus Live Scan fee will be required.
To apply, visit https://gcccd.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gcccdcareers/job/San-Diego-County---Cuyamaca-College/INSTRUCTIONAL-MEDIA-SERVICES-TECHNICIAN--SENIOR_R-00919.
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District, a two-college district in eastern San Diego County, has been providing a high-quality education to the region since Grossmont College opened its doors in 1961 and Cuyamaca College began operating in 1978. The district is tied closely to the suburban and rural communities that it serves, providing a $1 billion economic impact to the region through its payroll, purchasing, and spending by students and alumni.
The district has a strong commitment to diversity and equity with a student population representing a broad variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, socioeconomic levels, cultures and abilities. The district strives to provide an educational environment that fosters cultural awareness, mutual understanding, and respect that ultimately also benefits the global community.
The colleges offer more than 150 degrees and certificates in a wide range of programs. Both colleges have signature programs that have become well-renowned. Grossmont College is recognized for its top-notch Administration of Justice, Culinary Arts, Nursing and Allied Health and Theatre Arts programs, while Cuyamaca is known for its Automotive Technology, Ornamental Horticulture, Environmental Health and Safety and Water/Wastewater Technology programs.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency