ASSISTments Dev Ops Engineer
Job location: Worcester
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-18
JOB TITLEASSISTments Dev Ops EngineerLOCATIONWorcesterDEPARTMENT NAMEComputer Science IDIVISION NAMEWorcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYWe have developed our on-line platform, ASSISTments, with a high degree of complexity over the years and now, we seek a DevOps Engineer to help us take our efforts to the next level. This position has two main priority areas for us:
The DevOps Engineer will create maintenance and monitoring procedures for our continued development. He/She/They will lead the coordination and streamline implementation of our code deployment as well as a variety of automation tools, frameworks and pipelines for releasing new features into our test and production environments. As part of our engineering team of software engineers and graduate students, the DevOps Engineer will conduct tests for security, performance and availability as well as troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis for production errors.
Currently our servers run at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. After streamlining and automating the ASSISTments test and deployment process, the DevOps Engineer will lead our efforts to move ASSISTments to AWS to accommodate our growing user base.
We need someone who has a keen eye for detail, excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, and a sense of innovation, who is at ease working in an environment with multiple competing priorities.JOB DESCRIPTION
- A strong command of software-automation and deployment systems
- The ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- The ability to configure and manage data sources like Postgresql and Redis
- Experience with automation tools, frameworks and pipelines for releasing new features.
- A strong background and/or working knowledge of Linux/Unix Administration; Git and GitHub; Maven and Nexus; Tomcat, Nginx; DNS
- Please apply if you have 2 - 5 years’ experience as a DevOps engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.