Administrative Assistant V
Job location: Worcester
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-18
JOB TITLEAdministrative Assistant VLOCATIONWorcesterDEPARTMENT NAMESustainabilityDIVISION NAMEWorcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYActs as an administrative assistant to the Assistant Vice President and facilities managers for departmental administrative and business activities. Under minimum supervision performs a diverse range of confidential and administrative duties including accounts payable and budgeting.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Must have a command of general office administrative skills. Must be pleasant and utilize helpful phone etiquette, efficient and respectful skills for fielding multiple calls and handling irate callers. Must have ability to diffuse complaints or refer complaints to designated areas for investigation.
- Screen calls for managers and other departmental staff, schedule meetings, appointments, and calendars for managers as needed. Utilize MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, 25Live, SchoolDude, Workday, and generate reports.
- Provide support for answering, screening and logging calls to Customer Service Center, taking accurate and detailed messages for urgent, emergent, and routine service, relaying calls or messages to appropriate staff and managers, dispatching staff via radio or telephone to respond to service requests and emergencies. Coordinate and relay information accurately with Trustees and others that need critical, high-level attention and follow up. Must be discreet and aware/sensitive to protecting confidential information.
- Provide hardcopy and electronic filing and organization, mail sorting, record keeping and other miscellaneous office work as assigned to include, but not be restricted to, support for special events. Maintaining stock of office supplies and reordering as necessary to ensure adequate quantities are available at all time. Renew memberships, complete conference applications, schedule and support department and association events.
- Prepares detailed spreadsheets for the purpose of organizing and analyzing data using pivot tables, charts and graphs
- Provides cross-coverage for other office staff. This may include preparation of purchase requisitions, purchase orders, department transfers, and invoice control, processing payroll information and work orders, and generating reports to assist in the review of the department budget.
- Provides basic IT support for department including trouble shooting computer problems, networking and AV support. Provides systems support as needed for Workday, SchoolDude and other business software solutions.
- Assists with updating records of all budgets (capital and operating), licenses, leases, registrations, renewals, permits, payables, and other documents for the department as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required; Associate’s Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred. Five+ years’ experience in a fast paced office environment.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and computer skills, as well as familiarity with other personal computer applications required. Experience with SchoolDude work order processing a plus.
- Excellent judgment, communication, and organization skills required. Confidentiality required.
- Must be able to complete tasks and assignments correctly, accurately, and on time; must possess commitment and flexibility to work additional hours when necessary to complete tasks; able to identify ways to work more efficiently, must maintain confidentiality regarding departmental information and finances. Prioritizes and plan work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; capable of diffusing complaints or referring complaints to proper individuals or designated areas for investigation. Approaches others in a tactful manner and treats them with respect; adapts to changes in the work environment; reacts well under pressure. Gives and welcomes feedback, and contributes to building a positive team; ability and willingness to be cross trained and to be a supportive member of the office team.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to efficiently organize and maintain department files such as vendor payments and license renewals.
- Ability to consistently produce reliable and accurate information and results. Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.