Administrative Assistant I - Provost's Office
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.Position Information Job TitleAdministrative Assistant I - Provost's OfficePosting NumberP002400Position TypePart-TimePosition StatusPart TimeGrant FundedNoCategoryClericalClass Code35Pay Rate$13.99DepartmentDT VC Student Success & DT VC Academic AffairsJob Summary
Provides administrative secretarial and clerical service to students, faculty, and staff, such as schedules appointments, gives information to callers, provides office management and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work and minor administrative and business detail.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Reads and routes incoming mail/email. Locates and attaches appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by employer
• Works with word processing, spreadsheet and database software to complete administrative tasks
• Handles extensive confidential information
• Composes and types routine correspondence; prepares materials for special events such as invitations, guest lists RSVPs, programs, etc.
• Files correspondence and other records
• Answers telephones and gives information to callers or routes to appropriate official and places outgoing calls
• Schedules appointments and makes changes to calendar as necessary
• Greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, and directs visitors to employer or appropriate person
• Makes decisions regarding dissemination of information, screening of visitors and deferral or immediate action in absence of supervisors
• Arrange travel schedule and reservations
• Compiles and types statistical and budget related reports; maintains related databases and enters new data as necessary
• Schedules meetings and records minutes of staff meetings; makes copies of correspondence or other printed matter; may complete room reservations
• Accesses, inputs and retrieves information from computer
• Prepares outgoing mail
• Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text data and graphics
• Assists with office payroll
• Orders and stock office supplies as necessary; processes purchase orders as necessary
• Processes a variety of documents, forms, and files
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• One (1) year of office experience as a secretary; or any equivalent combination of education, training, certification, and related experience
• Excellent customer services and interpersonal skills
• Skill in working with computerized systems
• Ability to handle a large variety of details and to work with all levels of organization
• Ability to handle extensive confidential data
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Associate’s degree or 60 college hours from a regionally accredited college or universityKnowledge, Skills and AbilityAccommodations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.Special Instructions Summary
This is a part-time position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week.Posted09/18/2019 Posting Contact Summary
Should you have questions specific to this position please contact the following individualContactBrenna Sanders*[email protected] DocumentsRequired Documents
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification / License
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the highest level of education you have completed.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 60 or more College Credit Hours
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- None of the above
- * Please list any certification or licensure you have that is directly related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of administrative office experience do you have?
- Less than 1 year of experience
- 1 year of experience
- 2 years of experience
- 3 years of experience
- 4 years of experience
- 5 or more years of experience
- * How would you rate your level of experience using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)?
- * How would you rate your experience with web-based software?
- * Describe your experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)