Student Employee - Life Science Lab Assistant
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
The student will assist in the setup of Chemistry and Anatomy & Physiology labs. The student will also help maintain science labs by organizing materials and assist in cleaning the labs.
Assist in preparing and maintaining laboratory setting:
1. Obtain and help set-up laboratory equipment, chemicals and supplies.
2. Prepare media, clean and package specimens.
3. Collect, sterilize, and discard waste materials.
4. Clean and maintain orderliness of lab which may include locking and unlocking lab area, and ensuring for the proper storage, placement, and safeguarding of equipment, media, specimens and supplies.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Currently pursuing a WCTC Associate's degree or technical certificate in a related program.
- One year of related work experience to include experience with the public.
- At least in your second semester of schooling at WCTC
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits in fall 2019 semester
Desired start date: Immediately
Student employees may work up to a maximum of 20 hours per week while enrolled in classes and a maximum of 28 hours per week during non-class periods.
Student employees are not benefit eligible.
For questions please contact Associate Dean Gary Nelson at: [email protected]