Assistant Director – Center for Learning Abroad
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes us as a "Great College to Work For" with high scores in compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; respect and appreciation, and more.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director Center for Learning Abroad.The position of Assistant Director - Center for Learning Abroad is a full-time position that reports to the Director for International Programs and Services and supervises the Study Abroad Advisor and Administrative Assistant. This position will oversee the advising of students pursuing study abroad opportunities on all matters related to their programs, maintain student and program information, review student applications for programs and scholarships, assist in the development of custom programs, and coordinate events and marketing campaigns to promote study abroad opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising the Study Abroad Advisor and Administrative Assistant.
- Advising Lynn University students on all matters related to their study abroad experience, pre-departure, while abroad, and upon return.
- Maintain records and information in Abroad Office system to ensure programs are accurately represented, student progress on application process can be tracked, and reports containing accurate data can be processed.
- Provide training on Abroad Office to other staff or faculty as needed. Lead and establish plans for pre-departure and re-entry orientations.Review study abroad and scholarship applications.
- Collaborating effectively with faculty, staff and student groups in the promotion of intercultural awareness, international education and global competency. Regularly participating in professional development opportunities to remain current on best practices in the field of International Education.Assist the Director with the development and implementation of custom programs.Assist the Director with emergencies involving students abroad and serve as point of contact for such situations when the Director is unavailable.Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University.Prior experience working with study abroad programs in an institution of higher education.Experience working with study abroad provider organizations/companies.Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines while working in an environment with frequent interruptions.Strong time management and organizational skills.Able to think critically and solve practical problems with multiple and complex variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university.Supervisory experience.Experience with Abroad Office database system.Proficiency in another language besides English.Experience living, working or studying in another country.
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at [email protected]; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.