Ranked Faculty - Occupational Therapy Department – OTA Program
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats. St. Catherine University is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution, committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. St. Catherine University strongly encourages applications from those who identify as diverse in terms of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and/or religion.Job TitleRanked Faculty - Occupational Therapy Department – OTA ProgramPrimary CampusSt. PaulPosting Number20190023-FAC Position Summary Information Position Responsibilities
The Occupational Therapy Department-OTA Program at St. Catherine University invites applications for an Academic Fieldwork Manager. This is a full time, ranked faculty position. Rank and salary commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities: The Fieldwork Manager for the St. Catherine University Occupational Therapy Assistant Program will be responsible for establishing, managing, and administrating Level I and II fieldwork components for occupational therapy assistant students. This includes establishing policy and process, fieldwork data management and quality assurance, curricular support, fieldwork educator training, and participating in fieldwork related committee work within the Henrietta Schmoll School of Health and the Occupational Therapy Department. The fieldwork manager must be willing to travel to support the fieldwork team and provide peer review. In collaboration with the OTA Program Director, the Fieldwork Manager provides oversight to the team of Academic Fieldwork Coordinators, and reports to the OTA Program Director. The Fieldwork Manager must demonstrate the commitment to mission, philosophy, goals and priorities of the OT Department and St. Catherine University, abide by the AOTA Code of Ethics and follow University policies stated in the St. Catherine University catalog and the faculty and student handbooks. Teaching and service expectations and responsibilities are related to the primary needs of the online track of the OTA program.Position Qualifications
The candidate must be a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) or Registered Occupational Therapist (OTR), with documented background and experience as an OTA or working with OTAs. S/he must have a minimum of 5 years clinical practice with demonstrated knowledge of current occupational therapy practice and experience with fieldwork as an educator or coordinator. The candidate must hold a minimum of a Master’s degree awarded by an institution that is accredited by a USDE-recognized regional or national accrediting body. The candidate must be NBCOT certified and eligible for licensure in home state and CA, and a member of AOTA. A COTA credential and teaching experience preferred. This is campus-based position.The candidate must be self-motivated and self-directed; be able to work comfortably in a virtual context and using technologies for teaching/learning, advising, and management activities; and be able to communicate quickly, effectively and efficiently in both face-to-face and technology-based formats.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to apply for this position. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Attach a cover letter, CV, and a statement of teaching interests. Candidates selected for interview will need to provide 3 references. Official transcripts and background check will be required for employment. For information, contact Dr. Paul Arthur at 651-321-2298 or by email at [email protected] Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled; however, priority will be given to complete applications received by September 20.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer; Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) or Registered Occupational Therapist (OTR)?
- * Are you NBCOT certified and eligible for licensure in home state?
- * Do you hold a Masters degree awarded by an institution that is accredited by an USDE-recognized regional or national accrediting body?
- * Do you have background and experience as an OTA or working with OTAs?
- * Do you have a minimum of 5 years clinical practice with demonstrated knowledge of current occupational therapy practice?
- * Are you a member of AOTA?
- * Please give at least two specific examples of actions and/or contributions you have made in your current or previous roles to promote a culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion. What were the outcomes?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) are mission critical at St. Kate's. If you are hired for this position, what specific actions would you take to demonstrate your commitment to DEI?
(Open Ended Question)
- * All applicants that are offered a position with St. Catherine University will be required to have a background check completed. Will you consent to a background check if offered this position with the University?
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer?
- * Will you now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University Website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- Newspaper - Star Tribune paper
- Newspaper - Star Tribune web
- Community agency
- Newspaper - Pioneer Press paper
- Newspaper -Pioneer Press web
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Interests
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2