Residency Program Manager, Internal Medicine
Job location: Boca Raton Regional Hospital
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-18
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Residency Program Manager, Internal Medicine, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
The Residency Program Manager, Internal Medicines provides a wide range of complex administrative functions to support the mission, goals and objectives of the Internal Medicine Residency (IM). This position reports directly to the Senior Residency Program Manager, Internal Medicine Residency.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Provide academic administrative support to the FAU College of Medicine's Internal Medicine Residency program office in support of the Internal Medicine Residency Program Director and the Internal Medicine Senior Residency Program Manager.
- Prepare documents and reports for various agencies and compose confidential, complex and substantive program correspondence.
- Ensure compliance of all programmatic functions according to most up-to-date ABIM, ACGME and FAU regulatory guidelines; submitting required reports and forms as scheduled.
- Manage electronic information systems related to collecting and storing program and trainee data, including but not limited to ACGME Web ADS, ABIM, ERAS, NRMP, and GME Track/National GME Census and the program website; ensuring accurate program and trainee data and generating reports and documentation as necessary.
- Oversee maintenance of data within the Residency Management Software system (MedHub) such as scheduling, demographics, certifications, test scores; auditing trainee compliance in the areas of work hours, USMLE/COMLEX examination completion, absences, and certifications; addressing noncompliance in collaboration with senior administrators.
- Develop and maintain internal program record-keeping processes to ensure confidential program and resident records management.
- Manage and assist with the recruitment and selection process including application collection, selection committee meetings, interview scheduling, and information technology use.
- Guide program administrative personnel in on-boarding processes in collaboration with the GME office, including delivery and collection of onboarding requirements, credentialing processes, orientation activities, and human resource systems management (Workday).
- Manage program evaluation construction, delivery, and collection; alerting the program director to any evaluations of concern.
- Construct and maintain the academic and holiday schedule in coordination with the Sr. Program Manager.
- Build and monitor ILP quizzes and proctor In –service examinations.
- Arrange and staff all educational meetings, faculty meetings and conferences related to the residency programs (i.e. Clinical Competency Committee meetings, Program Evaluation Committee meetings) including preparation of reports, agendas, program handouts, attendance sheets, and preparation of minutes.
- Organize and facilitate program special events including Research Symposium, PG1-PGY2 transition, wellness activities, graduations, and retreats.
- Attend GMEC and GME coordinator meetings. Requires some travel to off-site locations and therefore candidate will be subject to a motor vehicle check.
- Manage VSAS (Visiting Student Application Service) application review and selection process and schedule placement of selected student rotators with appropriate faculty and resident preceptors.
- Manage allocations, expense tracking and reconciliation of a large sum budget in collaboration with the Sr. Program Manager.
A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Advance proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required.
Ability to work independently, exercise judgment and to adjust to change is required.
Ability to maintain professional relationships at all levels and to communicate effectively, to manage priorities, to work efficiently and accurately, and to maintain confidentiality is required.
Electronic systems proficiency and adaptability to new systems is required.
Prior experience with MedHub residency management software is preferred.
Prior experience in a medical education environment is preferred.Salary:$55,000 - $65,000College or Department:College of MedicineLocation:Boca Raton Regional HospitalWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.Application Deadline: 2019-10-02-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.