Job Developer - KEYS
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleJob Developer - KEYSRequisition NumberSCA00360General Description
The Job Developer – KEYS is responsible for the planning and implementation of job development strategies and employer outreach and engagement that provide employment opportunities for participants in the College’s KEYS program. This position will identify job opportunities; provide referrals for job interviews, secure job placement, and provide employment support and career readiness services for program participants, while establishing collaborative relationships with employers, relevant community agencies and internal offices.Specific Responsibilities
• Develop and implement marketing and program strategy that establishes relationships with potential employers for job placement of KEYS program participants.
• Manage employer accounts and databases to help meet job placement goals in accordance with grant requirements.
• Establish relationships with employers and identify and communicate recruiting requirements to KEYS participants and fellow KEYS staff.
• Manage and maintain the KEYS job opportunities board, keeping it regularly updated with relevant and active job opportunities.
• Match/connect KEYS participants with job opportunities and assist them with and through the application process to secure employment.
• Provide/facilitate job assessment, job readiness, and career coaching/training for participants.
• Assist participants with creating resumes and cover letters, completing job applications, and attending career fairs.
• Coordinate career fairs and host on-campus recruitment events for KEYS participants.
• In collaboration with KEYS Project Director, track and compile reports related to program participation, job readiness activities, and job placement numbers.
• Establish contact with all participants referred to KEYS to establish job/career goals and develop plans with participants to achieve those goals.
• Actively participate in program orientations and other program activities.
• Research local employment trends to assist in the attainment of program goals and objectives, particularly related to job placement and employment.
• Maintain collaborative relationships with the College’s Career Connections office, local CareerLink Offices and other businesses and community partner organizations.
• Maintain ongoing contact with participants and provide support and follow up for job placement activities.
• Evaluate job/career placement effectiveness, recommending changes when appropriate.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• A minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience, such as job development and job placement is required.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required.
• Must be a self-starter who is organized, resourceful and goal oriented.
• Strong attention to detail and follow through is required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using MS Word and Excel required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.Preferred Qualifications
• Master’s degree preferred. All degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Experience in job development or job placement within the private sector workforce, public workforce development system, higher education or non-profit environment is preferred.
• Experience in case management preferred.
• Access is preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on October 2, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankISalary RangeSalary commensurate with relevant work experienceJob Posting Open Date09/18/2019Job Posting Close DateType of PositionAdministrator - TempJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience, such as job development and job placement?
- * Do you have experience in job development or job placement within the private sector workforce, public workforce development system, higher education or non-profit environment?
- * Do you have experience using Microsoft Access?
- * Do you have case management experience?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application