Research Associate II
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleResearch Associate IIRequisition NumberSCA00359General Description
The Research Associate II is responsible for supporting the research and evaluation agenda of the Office of Institutional Research with a focus on survey development and compliance with related College Policy. As part of the Institutional Research Team, Research Associate II will provide the College community with quantitative data, information and support on various projects and initiatives from Senior Administrators, Department Heads, and faculty ranging in complexity. The Research Associate II will take part in projects that serve to improve the student experience and College operations.Specific Responsibilities
• Provide management of the College survey policy; responsibilities include but are not limited to managing the survey approval process, as outlined in College Policy, from application through implementation and analyses when required.
• Serve as a subject matter expert for IR staff, other College administrators, staff, and faculty in the design, creation, implementation, and analysis of survey instruments used for College research and assessment.
• Interpret and synthesize large volumes of institutional data into comprehensive information; create narrative reports as well as tables, charts, and illustrations.
• Process data queries and compile new datasets, from existing institutional data, to support department research projects as well as independently work on approved requests from college faculty and staff.
• Submit data files to the National Student Clearinghouse and maintain transfer student database and reports.
• Collaborate with IR team members to prioritize and deliver ad hoc data requests and Institutional Research projects on-time.
• Create, edit, maintain, and retrieve data from relational databases using SQL programming language.
• Assist in the development, testing, publishing, and maintenance of the centralized Institutional Research Intelligence Dashboards and work to streamline reporting activities and processes.
• Work with the IR team to identify the best practices to display and deliver data, e.g., dashboards, charts, reports, pivot tables and build appropriate data models.
• Respond to requests for information from internal and external sources as assigned.
• Engage with institutional colleagues to build collaborative relationships and meet data reporting needs.
• Maintain confidentiality, sensitivity, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• A minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience required.
• Experience in survey design, development and management required.
• Experience managing and analyzing large datasets from varying sources required.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and analytic ability required.
• Proficiency in MS Excel and the tools required to manage, analyze, and report data required.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage complex projects effectively, and communicate ideas and data outcomes accurately and clearly.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.Preferred Qualifications
• Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
• Two (2) years of relevant work experience in higher education preferred.
• Experience with SQL programming preferred.
• Tableau experience preferred.
• Experience with Dashboard design and implementation preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL
Review of applications will commence on October 2, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankIISalary RangeSalary commensurate with relevant work experienceJob Posting Open Date09/18/2019Job Posting Close DateType of PositionAdministratorJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have two (2) years of relevant work experience?
- * Do you have two (2) years of relevant work experience in higher education?
- * Do you have experience in survey design, development and management?
- * Do you have experience with SQL programming?
- * Do you have experience managing and analyzing large datasets from varying sources?
- * Do you have experience with Tableau?
- * Do you have experience with Dashboard design and implementation?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application