Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleApprenticeship CoordinatorRequisition NumberSCA00358General Description
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Workforce & Economic Innovation, the Apprenticeship Coordinator is responsible for planning, administering, coordinating and executing the required steps necessary to have pre-apprenticeship and/or apprenticeship programs registered with the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry and/or the United States Department of Labor. The Apprenticeship Coordinator is also responsible for providing a broad range of services including recruitment, enrollment, orientation, and coaching of apprentices. Additionally, the coordinator is responsible for scheduling courses and working closely with instructors, potential employers, and the local Workforce Development Board.
The Apprenticeship Coordinator is a grant-funded position.Specific Responsibilities
• Collaborate with staff from the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry’s Apprenticeship Training Office to have pre-apprenticeship and/or apprenticeship programs registered (approved) by following a prescribed application process.
• Collaborate with staff from the United States Department of Labor’s Office of Apprenticeship to have pre-apprenticeship and/or apprenticeship programs registered (approved) by following a prescribed application process.
• Collaborate with a wide variety of business, industry, governmental, social service, and community organizations to recruit potential apprentices.
• Communicate with organizations and individuals to have apprentices enrolled into appropriate Community College of Philadelphia training programs.
• Coordinate and facilitate information and orientation sessions that inform apprentices about the details and expectations of specific pre-apprenticeships and apprenticeships.
• Provide coaching for apprentices to encourage them to complete their training.
• Schedule Related Technical Instruction (RTI) and other course sections for apprenticeship programs.
• Identify, schedule, and hire faculty to provide instruction and offer academic support to apprentices.
• Engage potential employers to provide internships, work based learning and employment opportunities for apprentices.
• Collaborate with the local Workforce Development Board (Apprenticeship PHL and CareerLink Centers) to stay informed about local apprenticeship developments and employer training and hiring needs.
• Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals and core values of the College.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Two (2) years of relevant work experience required.
• Basic knowledge of pre-apprenticeships and apprenticeships required.
• Demonstrated competency in organizing data, maintain files, and preparing reports required.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Proficiency using MS Word and MS Excel required.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail required.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends based on business needs and to serve working adults.
• Must have access to reliable transportation to travel between campuses and within the local area to attend meetings and related events, as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds by effectively using cross-cultural skills and abilities required.Preferred Qualifications
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Previous experience in managing grants preferred.
• Previous experience in the development and implementation of educational programming with high completion rates and other outcomes preferred.
• Knowledge of FERPA and ethical principles in working with students preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL
Review of applications will commence on October 2, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankIISalary RangeSalary commensurate with relevant work experienceJob Posting Open Date09/18/2019Job Posting Close DateType of PositionAdministrator - TempJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Tchnology Diversity Career Fair
- Al Dia - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have two (2) years of relevant work experience?
- * Do you have basic knowledge of pre-apprenticeships and apprenticeships?
- * Do you have previous work experience in managing grants?
- * Do you have knowledge of FERPA and ethical principles in working with students?
- * Do you have access to reliable transportation?
- * Do you have previous experience in the development and implementation of educational programming with high completion rates and other outcomes?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application