Program Assistant (Part Time) - Staff Pool
- Serve as point of contact for the assigned program/area;
- Provide program information and assistance to potential and current students, college staff, campus managers, site staff and the general public via telephone, emails and in person;
- Maintain internal department documents and files; maintain confidentiality of verbal and written students and staff information records;
- Process and maintain program records including timely and accurate data entry of personal student information, attendance, assessment scores and other required information;
- Pre-register program and/or in-service participants, as well as assist with registration at in-services and large professional development events;
- Assist with student recruitment through attendance at community outreach events;
- Prepare and disseminate student registration/orientation publications as appropriate;
- Assist with student registration/orientation and/or professional development sessions including securing room reservations, materials preparation, PeopleSoft registration and other related activities;
- Compile data from a variety of sources and design, and produce reports as needed;
- Assist instructors with support duties including making copies, student attendance follow-up, preparing student sign in/out logs and administering student’s assessment;
- Maintain various department records, inventory of supplies; and
- Assist with end of semester class close-out.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Good oral and written communications skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently; and
- Must be willing to work evenings and Saturdays as needed.
This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.EEO StatementHouston Community College does not discriminate on the bases of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran’s status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: David Cross, Director EEO/Compliance, Title IX Coordinator
Office of Institutional EquityPO Box 667517 Houston TX, 77266713 718.8271 or [email protected] HCC values its employees and their contributions, promotes opportunities for their professional growth and development, and provides a positive working and learning environment that encourages diversity, innovation and creativity, and inclusion.Individuals with disabilities, who require special accommodations to interview, should contact (713) 718-8565.