Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitlePostdoctoral FellowDepartmentSociologyFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeRequisition NumberP20024Open Date09/18/2019Close DateBenefits EligibleYesPosition Summary
The Department of Sociology at Rice University in Houston, Texas (http://sociology.rice.edu) is offering two postdoctoral fellowships (two years in length) to begin July 2020. Applicants are encouraged to pursue their own research agenda during the fellowship, but we will give priority to those who also establish a collaborative research plan of mutual interest with one or more faculty members in the department. Teaching responsibilities are limited to one undergraduate course during the two years. In addition to an annual salary of $52,000, the fellowship provides office space, computer equipment, and a $1,500 annual travel account. The application deadline is January 10th, 2020, but applications will be considered until the position is filled. Applicants must have completed the PhD education requirement prior to the start of the position. Inquiries may be directed to Prof. Jenifer Bratter, Chair of the Postdoctoral Search Committee; email: [email protected].
To apply, please submit the following materials: (1) letter of application, (2) a two-to-five page proposal for research to be conducted during the postdoctoral period, (3) curriculum vitae, and (4) two recent samples of published work (listed as “Other Document” under application documents). In addition, candidates should have three letters of reference submitted via the online system at the time of the application.
Rice University is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual
Candidate must be able to establish a research agenda.Skills PreferredPhysical Demands
Must be able to work for extended periods at a computer terminal.Working Conditions
Standard office environment.Security SensitiveYes Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply, please submit the following materials:
Quick Link for Postinghttp://jobs.rice.edu/postings/21227 Job Duties Job Duty NameIndependent ResearchDescription of Job Duty
In addition, candidates should have three letters of reference submitted via the online system at time of the application.
- Works on independent researchPercentage of Time40 Job Duties Job Duty NameJoint ResearchDescription of Job Duty
- Works on research in cooperation with facultyPercentage of Time40 Job Duties Job Duty NameInstructionDescription of Job Duty
- Teaches one undergraduate course during the two-year appointmentPercentage of Time20Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Research Plan (not to exceed six pages including figures)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have or will you have completed the PhD or other doctoral degree education requirement before the start of the position on July 1, 2020?
- Will have degree completed by July 1, 2020