Assistant/Associate Professor of Education (Special Education Focus)
The School of Education at Dalton State College seeks applications for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor of Education position beginning on August 01, 2020. Candidates must be prepared to teach undergraduate-level courses in special education and Autism. Filling this position is contingent upon funding.
• Earned Masters or Specialist in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Special Education, or related field
• Minimum of 18 graduate-level hours in special education
• Minimum of three years of classroom teaching experience with special education in PK-12
• Earned Doctorate or ABD with completion before start date
• Expertise/experience in one or more areas also helpful: social studies, literacy, ESOL, science, or mathematics
• Expertise/Experience with Autism and Dyslexia
• Evidence of successful teaching in post-secondary educational settings
• Demonstrated potential of scholarly productivity
• Commitment to collaboration with public schools and colleagues
• Knowledge of and experience with integrating technology in teacher education
• Experience working with culturally and ethnically diverse communities
Responsibilities of this position include:
(a) The standard teaching load is 12 credits per semester (usually four courses in the fall and spring semesters)
(b) The faculty member who assumes this position will primarily teach the introduction to special education courses and the courses in the Autism Endorsement. He/She will also teach additional education courses to reach the 12 credits per semester load.
(c) Academic advising, committee work, planning and assessment, other college and community service, and professional development/scholarship
(d) Collaborate as a team member
(e) Other such duties as assigned by the Dean of the School of Education
(f) Faculty members are expected to pursue scholarly interests and to participate in university governance and curricular development. Faculty may be required to teach day, evening, or online courses.
A complete application must include (a) a letter of interest, (b) a statement of teaching philosophy, (g) a current curriculum vitae, (d) three names of references and corresponding phone numbers, email addresses, and (e) official transcripts of all college work. Review of applications will begin Novemeber1, 2019, and will continue until position is filled. Materials should be emailed electronically to Janet Johnson at [email protected].
Please be advised that should you be recommended for a position, University System of Georgia Board of Regents policy requires the completion of a background check as a prior condition of employment. Employment opportunities, admissions policies, activities, services, and facilities of the College do not exclude any person on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin or disability. AA/EEO
Dalton State College (DSC) is a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) located in Northwest Georgia. It is located about 90 miles from Atlanta and 30 miles from Chattanooga, TN.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Assistant/Associate Professor of Education (Special Education Focus)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly