Job Title: Mail Clerk
Location: Mail Services
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 5051
Staff Posting Details
Appointment: Regular, full-time (1.0 FTE) position
- Deliver student incoming and outgoing mail.
- Process incoming and outgoing parcels.
- Process outgoing departmental mail on Connect + 3000 meter machine.
- Conduct over the counter stamp sales.
- Process facsimile messages.
- Answer phone and in person questions regarding the status of student, faculty and staff mail.
- Research incorrectly addressed mail for correct addressing and reroute mail to the correct address.
- Distribute and collect campus mail.
- Deliver packages to departments via golf cart.
- Forward mail for students who have graduated, are on study abroad, or leave of absence.
- Lift, carry, push and pull items one to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Sit and Stand on a regular basis.
- Execute cashier transactions, including giving change and counting the till.
- Make daily deposits.
Supervise work-study students
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to understand complex Postal Service, Federal Express, and United Parcel Service procedures, rates, and regulations
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to use personal computers, telephones, fax equipment, calculators, and mail metering equipment
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate, and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
- High School diploma or G.E.D
- Customer service and cash handling experience highly desired
- 1 year of relevant experience
- ResumeCover Letter
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://www2.pugetsound.jobs/psp/HRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;