P/T Administrative Assistant (WCC)-HR
Category:: Hourly Positions
Department:: Human Resources
Locations:: Valhalla, NY
Posted:: Sep 18, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: PTAAHR91819
About Westchester Community College:
Westchester Community College was founded in 1946 as the New York State Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences in White Plains. In 1957, the County of Westchester bought the 360-acre John Hartford estate in Valhalla and designated 218 acres for the community college. Westchester Community College is more than just the county's largest educational institution. It is a living, breathing part of Westchester that goes beyond the influence of a typical college and affects the lives of all who enter its doors.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the P/T Administrative Assistant (WCC)-HR will develop, plan, coordinate, and monitor operational activities for the Human Resources Dept. The incumbent will also oversee organizational processes (e.g. personnel and civil service administration, reporting, and the general administration) of the Human Resources dept. The incumbent will also:
- Represent the Human Resources Dept. in contact with the public and college employees to provide or obtain accurate information;
- Perform internal administrative tasks including the maintenance of personnel records & files, the creation and processing personnel logs & PTFs, etc.;
- Conduct trainings, workshops, etc. on HR processes, policies, procedures, and practices for existing and new employees;
- Manage the logistics of trainings, workshops, seminars, etc. that include but are not limited to Professional Development, Employee Training, Members Advantage Programs, etc.;
- Assist with the development and implementation of administrative policies/procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and county rules and regulations;
- Oversee the project that will automate HR documents (i.e. internal forms, new hire paperwork, orientation packages, etc.);
- All other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor's Degree and three years of full time experience where the primary function of the position was staff services (or functions that support higher-level administrators) are required. The successful candidate must have the ability to work independently and manage/prioritize multiple concurrent projects to completion. They must also have the ability to handle a high volume of work and adapt to changing priorities. High levels of attention to detail and organization are required. Strong written, organizational, analytical, problem solving, communication and employee engagement skills are also required. Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite) and confidence working with technology including desktop computers and online applications are a must.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Professional certification in Human Resources is a plus (e.g. SHRM, HRCI). Human Resources experience strongly preferred. Higher education experience is also preferred.
WORK SCHEDULE: The work schedule will be 28 hours per week.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
HOURLY RATE OF PAY: $34.60 per hour. No benefits.
Applicants interested MUST apply online by submitting a letter expressing interest in this position and a resume. Please login to: https://sunywcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp in order to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents. The review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning. Westchester Community College is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.